And Then There Was the Time I Ran Away From Home....

My eyes have been opened. I had forgotten how blessed I am but it has become very clear these past few days, that I really don't want to run away from home. Of course I only realized this after I had, in fact run away from home. Actually I flew away from home. You see I got to know some of the other mommy bloggers out there, and decided on a whim to fly from California to Arizona to visit with "my girls".  Sharon from Moms Mad House, who has guest blogged here on the Army, said "come on out". She graciously put me up for two nights. Both  her and Wendie from Odd Jobs Momma entertained me with poop stories and red wine. Wendie even picked me ( a complete stranger in real life) up from the airport. Sharon let me sleep in her sons room, fed me, watered me, and took me back to the airport. What I learned though all the poop stories and red wine is how wonderful most people really are. I am not one to normally suggest that you invite strangers to stay in your kids room, nor to get on a plane to meet total strangers, but this opened my eyes to how many good people there really are out there.

Even though my kids had driven me so mad this summer I hopped on a plane to visit people I had never met, after 10 hours away from them I was facetiming them and wondering why I had felt the need to get a whole state away. My husband took time off work to stay with said hooligans, I mean kids, while I ran away. Being a mommy is a tough job. No one understands it quite like another mom. Yes there are other mommys in California, but I really needed to run away from home in order to really appreciate coming home. My three days in Arizona with Sharon and Wendie were magical. I say that because when I returned home 90 degree weather was suddenly strangely cool compared to the 113 degrees of Phoenix in the summer. My kids whom had driven me completely mad, where desparate to make me happy and snuggle with me upon my return. MAGIC. And now they are back in school and the house is quite during the day and I can get stuff done. MAGIC.

And lets not forget, Gman came out of the basement and entertained all of you, whom I love, so I could runaway. I hope you all enjoyed his crazy sense of humor. Please comment and tell him that he needs to write regularly. He really is THAT funny. So with all that said I just want to say I am TRULY blessed. And check back Thursday, I have been convinced that I must share the Folsom Prison story.


Comments

  1. *Wiping my eyes* It was magical, wasn't it? I can't think of any two other people I'd rather drink wine and talk poop with. I loved it! You're amazing and you and Wendie are blessings in my life.

    Kissy to you
    Oh....and tell Gman he is funny and if he doesn't post more I'm going to stop reading this blog. There, that should do it!

    Love you always
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Sniff* Thanks Sharon. I just couldn't not tell you guys how wonderful it was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've missed y'all! Is Sharon's hubs as funny as Gman? Her kids sound like a scream :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment