Fashion Friday-Finding the Perfect Hairstyle

Okay Ladies, I brought you Brandon Sapin, Stylist to the STARS to help you get your Fashion on. He told you how to clean out your closet, find the clothes for your body type, get back into fashion after an illness or pregnancy, what sunglasses to buy for your face, and how to find your style. But I know that you also need a great hairstyle. One that makes you feel beautiful and works with your life style. So today I am bringing you my very own hairstylist Shawna Bessler to tell you how to find your hair style. Shawna has been in the biz for more than 20 years and I think that she is the BEST. So I asked her to share with you, my lovely readers, how to find the PERFECT hairstyle- Real Army of Moms



Have you ever had a bad hair cut? Have you ever felt like you had to hide your hair under a hat? Well we can change that for you you by finding out what kind of face shape you have. Face SHAPE has alot to do with the type of hair cut you should have. Your hairstylist should consult with you on the best styles for you face. Sometimes a hairstylist will just do what you tell him or her to do thus resulting in a less than great look for you. So lets get to it:

OVAL: The oval face can wear the widest variety of styles. Just about any style whether short medium or long will look good on the oval face. Most models have that shape of face. Ovals should avoid heavy bangs or hair that is too heavy around the face, it would appear to add weight to the face which we know NO ONE wants.

RECTANGLE: The rectangle face shape appears long and slender, narrow chin and narrow forehead. The rectangle face should consider a short or medium length hair style.  If you wear your hair too long with a rectangular face it will make your face appear longer, bringing everything downwards. Try light wispy bangs to cut some length off. When the hair grows below the shoulders it does more harm than good for you.

ROUND: The round face is full looking at the chin, cheeks and hairline.  A round face should wear short  hairstyles that are swept away from the face. Longer it should be layered, full on top, with wispy's around the face to make it appear thinner. If you cut hair right at the chin length you add weight and appear rounder.

SQUARE: The square face shape is a strong, square jaw and square hairline. NEVER cut the hair at chin length for this face shape. It makes it look even more square. If you like bangs do a side bang, not a full straight across bang. Side parts and a little layering looks good on a square face. You can add a little lengthto the face by adding some height to the hair at the crown but don't go all Snookie on us with the hair clip.

HEART: the heart shaped face is wide at the hairline and temples and narrow at the chin. This face works best with the bob haircut or short hair cuts in general. If you go short, avoid too much height in the crown, it will make your chin seem longer and more narrow. Try a cut that emphazes your great cheek bones.

TRIANGLE: The triangular face shape is the reverse of the heart shape. Narrow at the hairline and temples and wider at the chin. Short hair cuts are GREAT in this face shape. Keep it full with lots of height on top, lots of layers, closer on the neck, and narrower on the jawline.

DIAMOND:  The diamond shaped face is a cross between the heart and a dramatic oval shape. It is widest at the cheekbones, and narrowest equally at the hairline and chin. This shape can wear a wide variety of styles. Try not to wear too much hair on the face covering you features.

Everyone deserves a great hairstyle and they can have it too. Consult with your hairstylist. It's all in the know. And remember it's only HAIR!.
********************************************************************************
Shawna Bessler is a hairstylist in Southern California, to contact her for a consultation or style click HERE.
If you like this blog please vote for us by clicking on the brown top mommy blogs button below
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Comments

  1. What a great post! I could use this as I'm contemplating growing my hair out (it's just above my shoulders now). You are great & funny...so..I'm awarding you the Versatile Blogger Award! You can see the details at www.mama-press.com. I chose you and 14 other sites to receive this, after receiving it myself. I hope you accept it!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a square jawline but a round hairline...I think I have one of those heads that can pull of baldness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy, Thanks so much for this award! I was just awarded it by two other bloggers as well. I have a post about it set to publish on Tuesday. I wil have to go and revise my post. THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to oval, but, alas, now I am round. There is no hairstyle that will fix it.

    I want to go short because it's so hard for me to manage my hair since I have a hard time lifting my arms over my head, but I don't want to look rounder. So, in the end, I've left it alone. Soon, the moon face will be gone lol. Right now, my hair is past mid-back. Way too long. But at least I can leave it down and hide behind it, sort of the the chick in The Grudge.

    Great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome post! My problem is figuring out what my face shape really is. Great blog, am a new follower :).

    http://marleeindebt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great info! Thanks for joining in my Planet Weidknecht Weekend Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need a new hairstyle, but my hair is very naturally curly and I can't figure out my face shape!!!

    Following from Mama-press Monday Hop!
    Thanks, Becky Jane
    http://riseaboveyourlimits.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment