Product Review- The Good on Ya Bar


About 3 years ago I started feeling...well just not myself. I thought that it was stress because my father in law was dying. So I started to look for ways to get my energy back. I wanted to find some way to "fix" the problem. What I discovered was that my body was "starving" for nutrition. All the processed foods that we were eating were making us fat and tired. So we made a change to eating more organic whole foods. When I came across these bars I was excited. NO GMO's ( Genetically Modified Organisms), No Soy, NO Dairy, 60% RAW, Gluten Free. All the stuff I am looking for in a food source.

Good On Ya Bar describes it self this way:

Our motto is “Every Ingredient Matters” because every single thing that goes into each organic nutrition bar has a nutritional purpose. There are no fillers. Other companies bulk up their bars with things like puffed brown rice. Sounds healthy, and it’s not that it’s bad for you, it’s just nothing. It’s air. It’s a filler. Our bar weighs 57g, and when you see one you will notice the size. There are bars out there that are 3x as big and weigh 40g.

It was created by Kris Fillat a former field hockey player from the United States, who made her international senior debut for the Women's National Team in 1990. Playing as a forward, the former student of the University of Iowa was a member of the team, that finished fifth at the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta, Georgia.. When she retired after 11 years as a athlete she started a healthy food store and this was an off shoot of that deli.

But enough about how the bars are made I know you want to know WHAT DO THEY TASTE LIKE?  Calm down I am getting to that. Kris sent me one of each of her 3 flavors to try. There is the Breakfast Bar, the Peanut Butter Bar Dark Chocolate , and the Peanut Butter Honey Bar. Now I have young boys, one of whom is a picky eater, so I wanted everyone to try ALL of the bars.

Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate: I love dark chocolate and was surprised to see something that was so healthy have chocolate on it but it does and yum. I liked the taste and the texture. I want to say that all the bars were very chewy. You really had to eat the food. Unlike a lot of the bars you can just scarf down this bar made you stop and chew. And not in the bad way of it is so hard to chew you get tired and give up. But surprisingly this was not my favorite of the three. Agent Daddy tried it and liked it too. The boys...not so much. They both ate a bite but that was all. We ate this bar warm  and a little melted. Not what I would recommend doing. We really liked the bars chilled

Breakfast Bar: After eating the first one warm we decided to put this and the last bar in the refrigerator over night. The Breakfast Bars is my favorite of the three bars. It is like trail mix and oatmeal mixed in a bar. Hard to describe but I found myself wishing I had another one. Not that I was hungry, even though I shared the bar with 3 other people, I just like the taste so much I kept wishing there was some left. The boys tried this one too and didn't like it but they still are mad at me for not buying crap like chips and soda anymore so maybe a little back lash? I don't know but I do know that I have tried almost every "nutrition"/ "energy"/ meal replacement bar out there and I would choose to eat this rather than those. I felt good after eating it the way I do after a good salad or bowl of fruit.


Peanut Butter Honey: We received the bars on a Friday and we tried a different one each day until this one on Sunday. They boys refused to even try another bar. So I am guessing they really didn't like the other ones. But Agent Daddy and I liked the Peanut Butter Honey. Agent Daddy said it was his favorite. It was a close call but the Breakfast Bar still is my favorite. These are bars I feel good about eating, and about feeding to my kids.

So I always vote on each product Fad or Fab? This is definitely FAB.

**********************************************************************************
I received no compensation for this review except the product its self.

*********************************************************************************
If you like my blog PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Vote For me by clicking the Top Mommy Blogs brown box at the top of this page

Comments