Best of 2014 All the Other Stuff

All the kids are back in school, the decorations are put away and the holiday are OVER! Now I can find the peace and quiet I need to put down my thoughts.

 I know I tried to organize this all by category but in the end this is the stuff I loved too but didn't really have a category so here goes.

Charles Viancin Silicon Lids-The lids are made with food grade silicone and come in many shapes
styles and colors. I had the Fall and winter ones and I have fallen in LOVE! I use a ton of saran wrap because I can never find the right lid for my bowl or Tupperware. that is never going to be a problem again. The lids lie flat on top of any kid of bowl and they really do seal. I have added a picture of me picking the bowl up by the lid, I am not sure exactly why it works but it does and I LOVE LOVE LOVE these. No more plastic wrap!




Smart Glow TemporalScanner™- We suffered though our share of colds this fall and holiday season. Tech Monkey was sick over Thanksgiving and Agent Daddy was sick over Christmas. But in both instances I found the updated version of the original TemporalScanner™  to be the best thermometer I have ever used. I was able to take the temps while the sicko was sleeping and read the
answer eve in the dark. this one comes with four ways to make it even easier to take a temperature:

·         A softly illuminated display for easy reading in any light – perfect for checking the temperature of a sleeping infant or sleeping teenager in a darkened room
·         Beeping sound indicating scanning can be turned off or on to avoid waking a sleeping child, teen or grumpy adult.
·         Automatically retains the last eight temperature readings for instant recall to check on fever progression
·         Ability to switch between Fahrenheit and Celsius modes

The Exergen Smart Glow TemporalScanner™ is an infrared thermometer which captures temperature by scanning the heat which is emitted from the forehead, via the temporal artery. Favored by renowned pediatrician and author Dr. Laura Jana for its ease of use1, temporal artery thermometry is among the most accurate and convenient methods to take a sick child’s temperature.I know thet my Dors office has switched to this methond and now I know why. I am in love with this new gadget.

You can go find one for your self at most major retailers including Wal-Mart, Target, Walgreens, Rite Aid, Costco, Babies “R” Us, Toys “R” Us, Kroger and BJ’s, the Smart Glow thermometer’s suggested retail price is $49.99. To see real moms testing the Smart Glow thermometer and demonstrating the new features visit www.exergensmartglowthermometer.com.


Nutri Bullet RX- I am sure, if you have not been living under a rock the past 10 years, that you have
heard of the Magic Bullet or the Nutri Bullet. You may not have heard of the Nutri Bullet RX. If you love smoothies you need this machine and no other. I have owned juicers, blenders and even hand held emersion blenders and non of them give me the consistent perfection that the Nutri Bullet gives me.

First of all, I only have to load my favorite things in the blending cup and then put it on the  base. The Nutri Bullet RX starts and stops itself. Yep you heard me it starts and stops by itself. It has amazing little sensors that when the cup is in place, turn on. Then when the mixture is to the right consistency it turns itself off. No more baby sitting the blender. Agent Daddy has fallen in love with it as well. We love our morning smoothies and this makes it easy to do. Also this cup is so easy to clean. I am not sure how they managed it but the smoothie doesn't stick to the inside. Just a rinse and we are ready to go again.


Firmoo Glasses- The idea of buying prescription glasses through the mail seems kinda strange but let it really does work. I took my prescription Firmoo.com followed their easy step by step instructions and in about the same time it takes for me it get my glasses from the optometrist had a new pair of glasses in the mail. And by the way, it cost me, without insurance, less than getting them from the optometrist with insurance. I was so impressed. I am getting my sunglasses and Agent Daddy's sunglasses next. 
and went online to
me tell you

Sticky Shoes- This little product is A-MAZ-ING! You put them in your shoes and no more heal slipping out as you walk. My girl friend also put them on the heal of her flip flops. No more smack smack smack as you walks down the hall.



Frozen Band Aids- I love cute pictures on my band aids. I just do. I used to use the kids as an excuse Seriously is there anything cuter than Olaf? So now I wear my Frozen Band Aids proudly. I pretty much buy anything with Olaf on it now anyway.

for having Sponge Bob or Nemo on my Band Aids. Now I just go buy Hello Kitty and Frozen Band Aids because I want them.





Handy Candy-I am a little bit of a germ a phobe.Okay maybe a lot a bit. So I am always looking for
hand sanitizers and handy wipes. So when I came across the cutie pies I was  super excited. Check out all the benefits these offer while above all being so cute in your purse and car. Dr Phil's wife developed these little babies.

  • Stay clean and germ-free on the go – and keep the stuff you touch clean too!
  • Convenient for work, home and school - and on the planes, trains and automobiles where find ourselves spending so much of our time!
  • Gentle but effective sanitizers wipe away 99.9% of germs without the sting of alcohol
  • Infused with aloe and vitamin E to leave skin soft and clean
  • Biodegradable & compostable
  • Made in California using clean, renewable solar energy
  • Packaged in 5 bright, colorful patterns



Germ Block- My next new favorite in the germ-a -phobe category is Germ Block. These also do not sting or leave your hands dry and cracking. I love the spray bottle for airplane seats and bathroom doors. Do you know how many people don't wash their hands? UGH! Anyway the little carabiners make them easy for me to attach to my kids back packs. The spray bottle is purse size.


 Zabada Bathroom Marvel- This is  a highly water absorbent and excellent for streak-free drying of surfaces. Ideal for daily use in the bathroom, for smooth surfaces like chrome items, glass tops, mirrors, glass cabinets, and more. If you are like me and don't like to use chemicals to clean your house then this is one product you must get. Keeps my mirrors and faucets sparkling and streak free.








Downey Wrinkle Release- I cannot say enough about how much I love this stuff. I take it with me when I travel, I use it when I ma too lazy to get out the iron...those holiday table cloths didn't iron them selves..and neither did I Downey Wrinkle Release is the best friend a busy mom can have.I even sprayed it on a shirt while my kid was still in it. I am not saying that any one condones such behavior but it was picture day and as usual the Tech Monkey found the most wrinkled shirt he had... Downey to the rescue!



Well that is the last of my three part  Best of 2014 series. If you missed any of the others click here or here


If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

Comments