Fashion Friday- Fly Mommy Fly


            I was struggling to think of a topic for this week’s blog when I realized while I was packing for my vacation that the whole time I had been helping my mother get ready as well.  And so, I decided to write a few fashionable tips on how to make traveling not only easier but fashionable!

Planning

Research
-Make sure that before you decide what to bring you do all the research on where you’re going and what amenities the places you are going to provide, (i.e. hair dryers, irons, or laundry facilities.

List Daily Activities
-Once you have an itinerary, list out all the outfits or things you will need for them-shopping, horseback riding, sunbathing, dinner or a show.  Lay out all the clothes you would want to wear.

Finalize
-Once you’ve decided what you want to bring, lay everything out and create outfits.  This is the best way to make sure you have everything you need for your trip!  Accessories and shoes included!  Once you’re done go back one more time and see if there are any repeat pieces or pieces that can be used for multiple outfits i.e. denim shorts, or black slacks.

Weigh in on Shoes
-Shoes are weighty so choose wisely.  Try to choose shoes that are comfortable for what you are doing as well as shoes that go with a majority of your outfits.

Packing

There are several methods I prefer when packing.

Closures
-Keep all garments button and zipped.  I find that when you do this prior to packing that you can avoid a majority of those odd wrinkles that you get around the lapel, collar or fly.

Packing Your Luggage
-Pack heaviest to lightest.  Excluding suits, which I recommend should always be carried in a separate garment bag.  You should always pack your heaviest and bulkiest items in the bottom.  Shoes should go in first, followed by bottom weight items.  I.e. denim, tweed, skirts or slacks items these are a little more durable.  Following that I would then fold in your basics, which would be your cotton t-shirts and such, followed by your delicates.

Checklist
-An itemized checklist can be your best friend!  It does take a little time to construct, but by adding in the extra effort I have been lucky enough to avoid saying, “I can’t believe I forgot that!” On any of my trips!

Flying/Traveling

Carry On
-If you are checking a majority of your luggage, which normally you would if you are having an extended trip, I always, always, always advise that you bring a carry on with you.  And here is why.  You can keep all your valuable jewelry with you on your carry on, and this makes it stress free when wondering if the earrings your mother gave you will be safe on the luggage.  A carry on also allows you the ability to pack a small out fit change.  I always advise traveling extremely comfortable when you fly.  Your most comfortable denim, a cute basic cotton top and a light cardigan tucked away in your carry on incase it gets cold.  I also suggest for long flights, to pack your cell phone charger and a flight approved amount of perfume in case things get a little interesting.  Don’t forget your sunglasses!  P.s. keep all jewelry off of your person until after security, this gives you the ability to breeze through and then you can go ahead and adorn yourself after words.  And remember to wear shoes that slip on and off easily.

Once You’ve Arrived…

Well, once you have arrived to your destination you will have everything set in terms of making sure you look fabulous!  I hope my little tips and tricks will help you on any vacations that you may be taking.  And if you have any questions as to what you should pack for a certain destination, don’t hesitate to leave it in the comment box below and I can go ahead and make sure that I respond to you as quickly as possible!!!

Stay Fabulous!
Brandon Sapin

Comments

  1. Some great ideas and tips there about packing to travel! Especially to take a change of clothes in your carry on luggage!

    Just stopped by from the weekend blog hop. I’m following you now and hope you’ll stop by my blog sometime too! Have a lovely weekend.
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your packing tips! Following you from the weekend blog hop! Feel free to do the same. www.mommyfive-o.blogspot.com. Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips! I find that making a very detailed list is about the only way I can make sure not to forget anything lol. Someday soon I'll be traveling and need these tips :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog post! Hi! I am a new follower from the Finding New Friends Blog Hop. Please follow me back and feel free to drop by Horseshoes anytime.

    http://contestsformoi.blogspot.com/
    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips. I alway make a check off list. I find they help me keep on track and make sure I have everything that I need.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I wanted to stop by and thank you for joining the Planet Weidknecht Weekend Hop. I hope you'll join in again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. On my honeymoon, I didn't want to have to check luggage, so I went with a color theme. Everything was black, white, red and denim. That way everything mixed and matched and I could pack less. And, we didn't have to wait at baggage claim on our honeymoon. Thanks for stopping by the Sit and Relax weekend hop. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment