Mom Said It Was Okay

 I do not drink soda. I stopped a few years back upon discovering that the aspartame in my favorite diet soda was the source of my migraines. Seven years later I am migraine and soda free. A few years back I bought a Soda Stream so my kids would not be drinking High Fructose Corn Syrup. I figured I should probably care as much about their health as I do about mine. Over time I have noticed that they are frankly too lazy to make their own soda. I
frankly LOVE the soda stream but only drink the flavored water. I also noticed that when people came to my house I had nothing to offer them but water unless I made a bottle of soda just for them.


I have now started trying to find drinks that are not high in sugar, are taste approved by my kids and Agent Daddy, and that I will actually drink as well. So here are some of my favorites.





On- In a world filled with energy drinks, most of which I would NEVER give my kids, this is a drink
I like and is all natural. It does have a natural boost with vitamin B and natural caffeine.


ON's key ingredient,Ornithine, is an amino acid that stimulates the breakdown of carbohydrates, proteins and fat-resulting in the release of stored energy and boosting endurance. Ornithine also reduces ammonia-which is harmful to the body and brain, causing fatigue, confusion, slower thinking speed and poorer memory. ON beverages increase stamina, boosts brainpower and enhance focus.



ON offers five naturally lightly sweetened, low calorie flavors:

  • Blueberry Lemonade
  • Tropical Citrus
  • Dragonfruit Tangerine
  • Peach Mango
  • Raspberry Limeade

ON is currently available in 20 states at retailers like Gelson's, Fresh & Easy, Keil's, Bristol Farms, Amazon and more. You can find the nearest retailer to you at the following link: http://onbeverages.com/on-near-you/.


   
  Nawgan- School is in and I want my boys to do as well as possible in school. Any "brain food" I can sneak into their mouths I am willing to do. They actually like the taste of this. They said it was a little on the weak side, I thought the flavor was perfect.
 
Finally, there is a proven way to improve brain function without the need to play endless "mind teasers" or having to take awful tasting formulas and pills. Evidence is mounting that Nawgan Beverage, which comes in 6 delicious flavors, and its key ingredient citicoline help to increase brain function.

Nawgan was recently clinically proven to improve brain function by increasing alertness, attention and cognitive response by an independent study.

Created by a board-certified clinical neuropsychologist, Nawgan is a 11.5 ounce, low-calorie drink available in six flavors, all which are low in sodium and a significant source of citicoline, Vitamin E, Vitamin B6 and Vitamin B12:
  • Mandarin Orange
  • Strawberry Kiwi
  • Red Berries
  • Lemonade (zero calories)
  • Grape (zero calories)
  • Mango Lemon Lime (zero calories)



Cascade Ice-


  • Cascade Ice USDA Certified Organics are free of unnecessary and unhealthy “extras” found in other flavored waters like calories, sodium, caffeine, sweeteners, gluten and sugar. Compared to many popular soda brands which can contain upwards of 38 grams of sugar, Cascade Ice beverages are sugar-free and full of flavor.
  • Cascade Ice Organics are made with premium water and organic fruit essences to create six delicious flavors: Blueberry, Grapefruit, Mixed Berry, Lemon Zest, Citrus Twist and Lemon Lime. The sparkling waters have a delightful “fizz” combined with natural fruit oils and extracts. 
  • Cascade Ice Organics are available for purchase at retailers such as Albertson’s and Kroger, among many others. Click here for a full map of retailer availability: http://cascadeicewater.com/wtb.html





If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

Comments

  1. I do drink soda. Probably A LOT more than I should.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to drink gallons of it a day. I will say I feel way better without it.

      Delete
  2. I drink soda though try to limit at as a reward after a hard workout and I need to recover sugar in my system. It's also good to look for alternative to sodas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I ran as much as you I would not worry so much about the sugar. Alsa I am not quite as fit as you.

      Delete
  3. I do not drink soda either because of all the sugars in it.. my kids do not even drink it unless its a "special occasion" i would rather them drink this then soda any day,.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never knew about those details and specific ingredients, LOL! But I stopped drinking soda in order to shed a few pounds. I drink from time to time though, especially during parties because it's hard to resist. If there's an alternative to it, better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Parties used to be hard but now it seems everyone has bottled water. So it has become really easy. And if there is Iced tea?! I am in heaven

      Delete
  5. I don't drink soda either! I will have to check this out! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that people would be surprised at how many don't drink soda anymore. I know that I come across people who have not has soda in a decade or more all the time.

      Delete
  6. Good for you in trying to kick the soda habit. We try to not drink it as well, only when we go out to a restaurant. Thanks for the list of alternatives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Restaurants have iced tea. I let my kids order soda if they want. they know how I feel about it and surprisingly they tend to order other things more often than soda.

      Delete
  7. Hmmmm This looks different and sounds tasty. We don't drink soda in this house, but I shall pass this on to my daughter. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. these are great to have in the house over the holidays. Cascade has some wonderful Holiday mixer ideas too.

      Delete
  8. I don't drink sodas except on special occasions. I prefer water, but sometimes I am in a mood for a little flavor, so thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked these and the kids approved to so let me know what you think about them.

      Delete
  9. Oh these sound good! I don't drink a whole lot of soda, but I do drink a lot of mineral water ... maybe I should spring for a little bit of flavour!

    Cheers!
    JoAnna
    foreverinparadise.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you drink a lot of mineral water you will LOVE the Cascade Organics. They are my favorite.

      Delete
  10. I have energy drinks all the time, I should try this because they are SO bad for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is easier to replace a habit than to try to break it. Replace with this healthy alternative and see how good you feel.

      Delete
  11. I have never heard of this before. I am going to have to check it out further!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should be able to find them all over town.

      Delete
  12. I try to drink soda as little as possible. My son used to drink it all the time, but finally realized how bad it is for you, and has stopped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for him modifying his behavior all on his own

      Delete
  13. I really need to kick the habit of soda myself. I've stopped a few times and my head was killing me. Gotta try to avoid my intake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you get a headache when you stop you really do need to cut it out.

      Delete
  14. I love my diet soda, but I don't let my kids have soda yet. They don't like it anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diet soda is the WORST! Please don't drink all those chemicals

      Delete
  15. Flavor options sound great. It's hard to find a soda-substitue that is OK'ed by the kids but not that bad for you. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I will have to try these. I usually only have like one soda a week and the rest of the time is water.

    www.Fashionabella.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you Whitney. Your skin will thank you in 20 years

      Delete
  17. I used to drink a lot of diet soda every day. I quit about 5 months ago and drink a lot of water now. I feel a lot better and will have a regular soda as a treat once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing how much better you feel when properly hydrated

      Delete
  18. Diet soda is worse for you than the regular version. That isn't to say that soda is good because it isn't. There's no such thing as a soda substitute because soda is a substitute for water, just like all drinks are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are alternatives to soda that have flavor and are not bad for you. That being said water is always best. You can tell a woman who drinks lots of water. After 40 she still has beautiful skin.

      Delete
  19. Nice to see good choices by someone so informed. I need to back off diet soda again.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I tend to drink too much soda. This would be a great alternative. I'm going to look for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you will find tha tis is so much better. And once your taste buds become untrained you will not like the taste of soda anymore. I know I don't

      Delete
  21. My MIL always has a case of Cascade water in her house. The kids look forward to having one when we visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for your MIL. She is a good grandma, making sure she doesnt feed her grandkids chemicals and dye.

      Delete
  22. My limit is one soda a day. Every once in a while I'll find myself having two a day. But no more than that for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds delicious! I really need to cut out soda.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have went off and on soda for the last few years, I'm back on soda. I haven't tried this but did let my kids drink soda stream when it first came out. I really need to find something for myself and them.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I drink more than I will admit publicly :) I am in the process of transitioning to a holistic lifestyle and wondering what I will do without my fountain Diet Coke fix. This looks interesting. Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I was thinking about getting a soda stream. Thanks for sharing healthy alternatives.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Good for you for kicking the soda! Life is so much cleaner without it. We usually do fruit-infused water but these are perfect options for when we're on the road. Thanks for the great insight and information about them!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I stopped drinking aspartame a long time ago too. It actually turns to methanol in the body, which then breaks down to formaldehyde. Bad stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I've really been enjoying the flavored sparkling waters myself. I've also added a lot of plain water into my day.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I want to say that I've tried Nawgan and really liked it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm not really into soda either, this sounds like a great product though!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Dont drink drinks like this not a fan .x

    ReplyDelete
  33. I don't let my kids drink soda before but now I let them a few sips

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment