The Graveyard Book Volume 2

It Takes a Graveyard to Raise a Child.

Nobody Owens, known as Bod, is a normal boy. He would be completely normal if he didn't live in a graveyard, being raised by ghosts, with a guardian who belongs to neither the world of the living nor the dead.

There are adventures in the graveyard for a boy--an ancient Indigo Man, a gateway to the abandoned city of ghouls, the strange and terrible Sleer. But if Bod leaves the graveyard, he will be in danger from the man Jack--who has already killed Bod's family.

Each chapter in this adaptation by P. Craig Russell is illustrated by a different luminary from the comic book world, showcasing a variety of styles from a breadth of talent. Together, they bring Neil Gaiman's award-winning, nationally bestselling novel The Graveyard Book to new life in this gorgeously illustrated two-volume graphic novel adaptation.

Volume One contains Chapter One through the Interlude, while Volume Two includes Chapter Six to the end


REVIEW:  This is the second in the graphic novel series. I must say my 12 year old devoured this book in like 3 hours. It took me a little longer, 4 hours tops. I had to make lunch don't cha know.  The graphic illustrations of this very well respected book make this story all that more accessible to your reluctant readers.

If you have an avid reader like my 12 year old and I you will be delighted in how quickly they become absorbed in the story.

I loves these book so much I recommended them to an ENGLISH teacher. And Guess What he loved them too. I gave him a set for his class. It is October and we all love a little ghost story so get get this for your goblins.

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

Comments