5 Things I Love About Fall

 As September rolls around, thought of fall begin to permeate my consciousness. Living in Southern California we do not have leaves change but we do have our own fall signs. Besides the kids going
back to school here are my top Five favorite things about FALL.



1. I love that my Makeup doesn't melt when I step outside. This may not seem like it is all that big of a deal but when you have spent months having to figure out where and how you are going to repair your makeup between your trips outside. This is a lovely thing. I love when I can put my makeup on in the morning and not find my eyeliner everywhere it doesn't belong by lunch.





2. Pumpkin Everything. I love when the pumpkin flavored anything begins to come out in the stores. From the Pumpkin truffles at See's to the pumpkin spice bread at the grocery stores, I get
excited about pumpkin. And when I realized it was a vegetable...that I liked...SCORE. I like pumpkin spice soup, and ginger pumpkin spice smoothies. I like to put pumpkins around the house to decorate. I am not a fan of orange unless it has something to do with PUMPKIN!



3. Fresh Pressed Apple Cider with Cinnamon. I may live in Southern California now but I grew up in a place with seasons. I remember going to my grandmothers neighbor's house and picking cider apples with all the neighborhood kids. At the end of the day we would all be rewarded with fresh pressed apple cider. Mrs Johnson would always add just a touch of cinnamon. to this day Apple Cider feels like fall to me. I sometimes fine that fresh pressed stuff right at Sprouts.


4. SOUP. I am a weirdo and I miss fresh homemade soup during the summer. I will eat soup out but it
seems to hot to cook anything much less soup in the summer, so I don't. When fall rolls around and it gets cool or even rainy I start getting excited about soup. And my crock pot. And soup and chili and beans in my crock pot. All because I have missed that amazing feeling of being warmed from the inside out. Oh and I love to eat out of a mug. Soup is pretty awesome for that.



5. Shopping. Once Fall rolls around I have a grand excuse to be trolling on line and strolling the malls. CHRISTMAS IS COMING. Shopping at this time of year is a necessity. No one is getting mad at me for spending hours on home shopping network because well I gotta get something for Aunt Mable and I just don't know what to get so I thought I would watch 72 hours of QVC. When all else fails I can got to Raise.com and get all the gift cards I need delivered right to my door.


If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

Comments

  1. I love fall for all those reasons too. Especially the makeup thing. Summer is brutal on my mascara :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know mascara and eyeliner are the worst on hot days.

      Delete
  2. There really is nothing like fresh apple cider! It's one of my favorite things, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even the smell can make you feel all warm inside.

      Delete
  3. I am so happy it is finally cooling off! I love the apple cider and anything to do with apples.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apples and cinnamon. Don't forget the cinnamon. It is good for you as well as tasting amazing.

      Delete
  4. i like this weather, but i am not the winter type.. i do however like the fall soups..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this list!!! I like Fall/Winter for a minute and then miss Spring/Summer. But this list is fantastic!

    xoxo
    Candace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too but it has been a LONG HOT summer so the fall is welcome.

      Delete
  6. I guess I'll just have to go with soup and shopping! My two favorite things, the latter only if there's an excess budget. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know shopping always comes after the budget says ok. But soup actually lowers your food cost so YEAH!

      Delete
  7. Fall does bring in the Christmas Rush. I also like it since it's not too warm and not extremely cold too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Pumpkin everything and just the smell of fall. Nothing beats it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pumpkin EVERYTHING! I made pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes for dinner the other day. YUM!

      Delete
  9. Everything in the list is likeable for me too. Best are shopping and makeup haha. I'm too excited for the new items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See men don't realize how much the heat messes with our makeup.

      Delete
  10. Great post. I, too, love everything pumpkin and soup. I especially love pumpkin soup! That's a fall superstar in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The fall is my favourite season. That is why I choose October to be married. I also love the leaves. So gorgeous. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha ha! I had that problem when I lived in Phoenix with my make-up. Thankfully I'm up in Flagstaff and we have mild summers. But there's still an occasion up here that happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smart. Move to a place where your makeup stays looking good all day,

      Delete
  13. I am so excited for cooler weather! After living in the scorching desert for almost five years, I am ready for sweatpants and hoodies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah sweatpants! I have to wait for winter it really doesn't get cold enough in the fall for hoodies and sweatpants.

      Delete
  14. I'm up for pumpkin everything! :) I love fall for the colors. Fall colors are my favorite to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like a lot of those as well. =) I can't wait to cook with my pumpkins this year.

    ReplyDelete
  16. There's hardly anything like fresh pressed cider! I also love shopping this time of year, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Make up and apple cider! I'm with you! I can remember going apple picking, and then they had all the cider you can drink. YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love fall mostly because I love me some comfort foods like soups, stews and a big bowl of white beans and cornbread.

    ReplyDelete
  19. For me, fall is all about the leaves. The changing colors are what fall is all about with the leaves crunching under your feet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah not leaves changing in Southern California where I live. We just kinda pretend.

      Delete
  20. Fall is one of my favourite times of the year. I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love fall... the cooler weather, the falling leaves, the food... all of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Apple cider and shopping are my favorite things about fall too. I also love to wear cute sweaters. I want to get a sweater dress to wear with leggings this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good choice. Very much on point in the fashion world right now.

      Delete
  23. I love fall! It's my favorite season. Wish we would have it here too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We pretend. We put up pictures of what it would look like if we had fall. LOL

      Delete
  24. What I love about fall is all the colors! So golden! :) I love having soups too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just hope I can feel those seasons! Since we only have 2 seasons here in the Philippines! I'm excited for you! I'm pretty sure you will have a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deann, we pretend to have seasons here. It makes it seem more like the weather is changing.

      Delete
  26. I love Fall. It is my all time favorite season! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment