So then there was the time I got arrested...

Several of you have asked that I tell this story as I mentioned it in the blog "GUILT". But before I can tell you that story I have to tell you this story. My mother and Father were both Air force Brats. They met on an Air force Base in Montana and both of them got up to all forms of no good.  So by the time I came along there was no puling the wool over any one's eyes. You either didn't get caught doing something bad or you just lived with the punishment. What I learned form this was NEVER confess. Even if they have you on tape don't confess. So I am a pro at being interrogated.

Fast forward to 20 years ago when Agent Daddy and I were dating. I received a phone call from Agent Prince Charming ( he wasn't a Daddy yet) and he says to me "Is there anything you would like to tell me?"  Given my back ground I say "Can you be more specific?" I am at this point racking my brain to come up with WHAT I might have done that precipitated this call. He says "When were you going to tell me that you had been ARRESTED?" Suddenly I am relieved. I mean that happened at least 7 years ago right? So I am thinking that was WAY before I met him. What is the statute of limitations on stuff that happened before we met?
"It never came up." I reply casually.
"Never came up? I am an AGENT. Didn't you think that it was important to tell me that you were a FELON?"
Clearly he was not going to go for "it never came up" so I try again " I am not a felon as you well know since you have some how now seen my wrap sheet. I was a minor in possession of alcohol and I was CITED not handcuffed. I paid my fine and broke up with that boyfriend. All of which happened before I met you so,  NO it NEVER came up." Agent Prince Charming was not pleased and I could tell by the heavy breathing on the other end of the line so I said, very cleverly I might add, " If you can tell me that you NEVER drank alcohol BEFORE you were 21 then you can continue this conversation. If not I need to go I have stuff to do." Silence. I could still hear him breathing so I knew that I had him. I smiled to my self. " Well it has been lovely knowing you sorry you couldn't get past my youthful indiscretion..."


" Hold on," he says with a resigned sigh. Not so high and mighty now. He just  never got caught. " I just wish you had told me I don't really like finding out that my girlfriend got arrested."
" Cited" I say.
" Cited" he repeats
So I say" You know I was young, It was the 80's.."
" Quit while you are ahead" he says.

And that is the story of me getting arrested and MY BOYFRIEND finding out before my parents. I don't know if they even knew until now.But I am sure that my mom probably reads my blog....
************************************************************************************
If you like my blog please go to the top of the page and vote for me by clicking on the brown button that says Top Mommy Blogs. Thanks

Comments

  1. Aw that's nothing. At least you weren't wanted for human trafficking or drug dealing to minors...not to imply any present company :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, All I will say on that subject is that I was only "caught" drinking alcohol as a minor...there is still that other stuff that makes me feel guilty every time Agent Mommy calls from the Dept of Justice.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story! I am sure most of our husbands know more than our parents about the things we did when we were young! I found you through VoiceBoks and am now a follower!
    Yankee Texan Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story! Thanks for sharing your little secret :)

    New follower from the Thirsty Thursday Hop! Would love for you to follow me at www.mommydigger.com. Also, you can enter to win my prize pack for Blog Bash 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL That's your story?!? I can't believe he was upset about a MIP. Thanks for sharing the story at our request, though! It was a great read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny! :P MIP? I can't believe you got caught, you should know better! *grins* Anyway, I'm a new follower from Thirsty Thursday. I would love it if you'd stop by if you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so damn hilarious! I'm still cracking up since the SAME THING happened to me. Only a warrant was issued for my arrest back in the late 80's cause a pal of mine ate the ticket since the sheriff's deputy didn't sign it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment