But it was FREE!

I have a problem. Well truthfully I have many problems, but I need to tell you about this problem in particular. I am CHEAP. Not Cheap as is in I am a FLOOZY, but cheap as is in I can't say no to Free stuff. I believe this to be a genetic trait that I inherited from my father who is also CHEAP. Growing up we could never pass by a anything Free on the side of the road that might be usable. My Dad brought home 3 toilets one time and they remained in the garage "in case" he needed a toilet. When we moved the toilets thankfully  remained behind. So when I married Agent Daddy, who is FRUGAL, he loves coupons but draws the line at picking up other peoples garbage left on
the curb, we started having disagreements on what was ok to bring home. Agent Daddy says if I do not have an immediate use for, or place for, an item I am not to drag it home EVEN if it is Free.

It has been difficult for me to modify my behavior and leave perfectly good stuff on the roadside even when it is free but I have really tried hard to make Agent Daddy proud. So one night Agent Daddy and I are watching a show called Paranormal State and this family calls the "investigators" because they have a haunted piano. Apparently, the piano was on Craigslist and was free. So I could totally understand taking it home I mean really a perfectly good piano? Who wouldn't? Unfortunately once they got the piano home all sorts of crazy stuff started happening like the cell phone tuning on and displaying 666 when it had no battery. So they call in the investigators who declare the piano haunted and at this point Agent Daddy turns to me and says " SEE! This is why you do not pick up other people junk on the side of the road. It could be HAUNTED!" And I am feeling a little freaked out cause you never know until you get something home if it is haunted or not. Usually people don't leave signs on their stuff that says FREE HAUNTED STUFF. In fact, I imagine that if they do know that it is haunted they probably would lie and say it isn't just so you would take it and the ghosts home with you and they could get some peace of mind. So now when ever I see something on the side of the road and say "Wow look at that !" Agent Daddy replies, without missing a beat, " Its probably haunted."


How am I EVER gonna get any of the good stuff now?

Comments

  1. You will have to bring something with you to see if it is haunted :) I am so glad there are people that will take my curbside freebies! This post made me laugh... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant post; much-needed afternoon laugh.
    But! if the piano was on Craigslist (Add tag, Rosie) aren't things on the side of the road fair game?

    ReplyDelete
  3. According to Agent Daddy, anything free MUST have something wrong with it. LOL So it ALL must be haunted. Of course if we put it on the curb because we can no longer use it then that is fine. Men and their double standards. BTW my kids have the Freebie sickness too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's the link to the 9 11 post: http://www.blogwithmom.com/2011/09/have-you-forgotten-9-11/

    -Bobbie Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would LOVE it if your dad would have brought home a haunted toilet!!!!

    Luv ya
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait a minute! We get your freebies! That would explain Ethan's behavior! I knew he was possessed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You caught me! We will do an exorcism.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment