Jersey Shore is...Science

At least that is what I have started to tell my family. You see they felt the need to have an intervention about my reality TV habit in the car the other day.
" Mom" starts Tech Monkey, who believes he is now in charge of raising me properly, " I am not sure that it is appropriate for you to watch Jersey Shore. The people on there behave in inappropriate ways and are just dumb. And then there is fact that you also watch Jerseylicious and Real Housewives of New Jersey."
" Well," I reply, " I don't want to watch those shows, I have to. You see I am doing an anthropological study of the social norms of North Easterners, Specifically New Jersey."
" What is anthropological?"  asks Airborne at the same time as Agent Daddy says " REALLY?! You are gonna go with that?"
" Anthropological means the study of humans and how they live." I answer deciding to ignore Agent Daddy who NEVER lets me get away with ANYTHING.
" I don't believe that your are watching it a an educational program, Mom. You have already told us never to do any of the things those people do or our body parts will rot and fall off. So what exactly are you learning from these programs?" Tech Monkey is starting to be just like his dad so I gotta think quick.
"Well I need to find out if Snookie can find true love once she has had sex with everyone in a three state area, and can Sami and Ronnie work out their drama and really have a fufilling stable relationship, and that is just on Jersey Whore...I mean Shore. Then I gotta find out if Gigi and Frankie will finally be able to work out their differences and get back together, if Olivia and Tracy can possibly get worse looking nails, who is most orange and if that is a good thing ONLY in New Jersey. All these answers can only be found on Jerseylicious.  Last but surely not least, There is my Beloved Real Ho Ho's of the Chi Chi Paw Jersey. I gotta know if Melissa is really the copy cat Teresa says she is or is Teresa just jealous that her old leather like tanned skin is just no match for Melissa's youthful hotness. Will the ungrateful brat Ashley really get a job and grow up or is she just gonna continue to suck the life out of her mom and step dad. And Caroline and her new radio advice show...WOW! Maybe she could give Teresa some advice on how to not be so self absorbed and bitter. HMMM."

By now we are pulling into our driveway so I try to make a quick escape but  Tech Monkey follows me into the house hanging onto this conversation like a Rikki Tiki Tavi with Nag. "Really mom those people are so Dumb, I still don't understand why you watch them.
" Well honey it's like this. When I was in college all the kids were doing it. I thought that if I only did it on the weekends I couldn't get addicted. But soon I was watching Thursday nights and then Monday nights. Before I know it I couldn't get through the week with out some Bravo TV with a little MTV on the side. It started affecting my work, my relationships, my family but then I found VH1 and I got into Celebrity Rehab and I am fine now cause your Daddy got us a DVR."
" MOM!" Techie says rolling his eyes and walks off realizing that he really will get nowhere with this idea that he can now control what I watch on TV.
It's a good thing too cause Jersey Whore is on tonight.



Comments

  1. hahaha! awesome. i watch all the above plus some more and get made fun of by my husband all the damn time. sometimes he gets sucked in to them with me - he recently asked me about gigi, her guido bf and the "prettier snooki" aka olivia. after those words came out of his mouth he immediately regretted it! mindless television is a must...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just hopped over from 40 and over...new follower. My husband has a slew of guilty pleasure reality shows, but since he stays up later than the rest of us, he can do so quietly and privately! I just watched the jersey gang for the first time last week...so...addicting. I am almost relieved that I don't know when it's on! (I saw it at a friend's on dvr)

    ReplyDelete
  3. FUNNY! Thanks for joining the Planet Weidknecht Weekend Hop again this week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment