The Books of B!

A Personal Note By B:  To all my moms, so sorry for the late posting this friday, I just recenlty starting posting the blogs on my own without the admins help and scheduled this blog to go up on 12:00am 11/26 rather then 12am 11/25  My apologies!  I hope the content makes up for the late posting!
    
     So my favorite things about the holidays are for most part, myself included (Although it hasn’t happened yet!); work tends to start to slow down.  I have more free time to hang out with my family and friends, and a little more me time.  Now, my favorite thing to do during “me” time is to read everything fashion!  Yes, I know I’m a wardrobe stylist so technically that’s work, BUT, I love it.  So I decided to compile a list of 10 publications/books that you should read in order to make sure you have all the materials you would need to stay fashionable.  I blog but once a week, this time you have the knowledge I have accumulated at your very disposal!!!  My first two picks are magazines that you must read!  The next six are informational style and fashion publications and the last two is the perfect blend of fashion, motivation and inspiration.



1.       Vogue

·         You should always, always, always (did I say always), read vogue, yes I know what you’re thinking, “Everything is SUPER expensive and out of my price point!”  Heck, most of those items are out of MY price point!  BUT, what you can do is take those expensive looks and trends that you see, and translate that into affordable looks that you can find in the department stores!



2.      Harper’s Bazaar

·         Pretty much the same scenario as Vogue, except the one thing I like about Harper’s is they are much more focused on editorials and the actual wearable clothes, while Vogue is a bit more avant guarde, making it easier for the everyday consumer to identify what they should and shouldn’t buy.



3.      Style Yourself (Foreword by Jane Aldridge)

·         This does not have an author because it is a compilation of 95 fashion bloggers from around the world.  I die for this book!!! It breaks down everything from scarves, to bottoms, to heels, to flip-flops, to jackets…..okay, I think you get the point!  Definitely a great buy if you want to learn the terminology on a lot of the new pieces out there.  AND, it comes with illustrations.



4.      The Lucky Guide to Mastering Any Style (by Kim France and Andrea Linett)

·         Lucky is no novice when it comes to fashion, with this book they break down how to master such looks like, California casual, euro chic, americal classic, mod and bombshell.  Use this as a reference to help you determine what kind of looks you want to try out!



5.      50 Fashion Designers You Should Know (By Simone Werle)

·         Pretty self-explanatory.  This book basically gives you 50 fashion designers that have influenced the world in major ways.  That way the next time you see an all-white tuxedo suit you can think, “How reminiscent of YSL!”



6.      That Extra Half An Inch (By Victoria Beckham)

·         I was extremely surprised to find this book very knowledgeable and well put together, especially when it was written by a former spice girl now soccer hunks wife.  But Victoria held her own, and is a fountain of wealth when it comes to Hair, Heels and Everything in Between.



7.      What to Wear, Where (By Hillary Kerr & Katherine Power)

·         These girls know what they’re talking about!  (Might I add I’m a bit jealous of their blog following, haha).  They give you a list of events that you could ever think of going too, and give you suggestions as to what you should wear and what you definitely shouldn’t wear.  But they do so with two different styles, as they are two different women!



8.      How to Have Style (By Isaac Mizrahi)

·         He takes you from a break down on How to Have Style….”On a budget”, “When you’re traveling”, “and reinvent yourself”.  The great thing about this book is he focusses on different age groups, so it’s super relatable and translatable to many different people!



9.      Fabulosity (By Kimora Lee Simons)

·         A lot of people don’t know what to make of Kimora Lee Simons, former CEO of Baby Phat, but one thing she does know is how to be confident, loud and proud.  This book touches on a few Kimora-esque fashion tips but also talks about empowering yourself as a women whether model or mogul or mother!  I personally LOVE her!



10.  Style A to Zoe (By Rachel Zoe)

·         The stylists goddess herself Rachel Zoe writes about the art of Fashion, Beauty, and Everything Glamour.  She out of anyone knows what she’s doing, she talks about everything from finding your personal style inspiration to tips on how to dress for certain occasions.  Definitely a must buy for you and your daughters!



Well I hope all you mommies enjoy learning as much about the fashion industry (and yourselves) as I do.  I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! No I’m off to the gym, I ate way to much!!!!  And remember mommies, stay fabulous!!!!

Comments