Let Me Ease Your Pain - Part 1

OKAY... I am feeling musical, I am feeling spontaneous and i am feeling your pain.

Today... I thought that I would try something a little different. In addition, I am going to break it up in two blogs...

Part 1

Question: How many of you lovely Moms have teens or grown children, or even husbands that are inspiring musicians?

You know what I'm talking about... the ones who spend their entire lives, through their last dying breath, locked in the studio for hours, if not days, continuously shooing you away, shoving all responsibility aside and rejecting family time, merely to express themselves creatively, in hopes of someday drawing the stadium crowds. by introducing the next platinum hit to the masses. Ultimately becoming a Superstar! (or at least make a few bucks trying)  Do you sometimes feel the rejection?

Well... as you can probably guess, my Mom and my wife had the same problem. =/

Do you guys even realize how many hits, I should have written over the last three decades?  Well... at least one right? Wrong!  I have played with dozens of bands performing on stage close to a thousand times.  Including some bills with the biggest of names. Played on several recordings that hit the shelves at some of the major retailers. Still, zip, nada...  But it's all self gratifying...

If this is you, who ultimately suffer the symptoms, due to the musical madness of a loved one,... and truly believe (annoying to you or not) their music has the potential for commercial use....

PPPPlease...  Stand up and shout!  

This is in no way, shape or form meant to be discouraging to you or your wannabe musical loved one.

It could be a little light at the end of the tunnel.

Keep an eye out for Part 2... You won't want to miss it.

Until next time...

Adam G

Comments

  1. Hmmm... I figured the Part 1, the pre-qualification process would have been a breeze... Moms lined up around the building and I would be workin late on Part 2 over the weekend... No musical hubbies huh?

    Does anyone have a pet that can sing frarajaka in the key of C?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment