Scarves: Knot That Difficult

           One thing I’ve been reiterating throughout a lot of my posts this winter season is the fact that you can do a lot with an outfit just by adding a statement scarf. So consider this your scarf dictionary from lightweight to bulky, I have it all! I’ll give you a brief description of my favorite types or the most popular scarves, as well as a little tip in how to wear them!  Enjoy!


            Kerchief: A basic cotton or silk rectangular shaped fabric.  This can come in anything from a solid to a wild cheetah print.  If you knotting this around your neck can add a playful appearance to any outfit.  Side Note:  These can also be tied around purse handles to add a fashion forward appearance!


            Fringed:  Probably a classic in bulky scarves, frayed or fringed scarves can be chic but easygoing as well.  Some people love to by these in loud patterns and bold colors, if you are the adventurous type then DO IT!  But if not, a great neutral color like gray or beige will fit along fine with any outfit you can come up with.


            Infinity:  This scarf gets its name from the fact that it is a circular scarf, there fore it is never ending.  Some of these scarves are short to where you would simply slide your head through, while others are long enough for you to loop twice around your neck, adding a chunky, funky yet trendy appearance to your already amazing outfit!


            Wrap:  What I consider to be an oversized kerchief, use this in place of a light jacket, or just consider it to be an ultra chic scarf.  They come in a variety of fabrications and colors.  This is a great piece for layering.


            Pom Pom:  A whimsical pom pom can add fun to any outfit while still being warm and functional, but please, do not where this to a job interview.  Keep this scarf as an option for a play date with the kids, or a casual shopping date/lunch date with the girls!


            Stole:  I’ve decided to include this glamorous scarf because it is a classic but I do urge you if you have to have real fur, please only buy vintage.  This means that it has been long time since an animal was harmed to make this piece.  Faux fur is an amazing option, and a lot of designers have really perfected the look to make it appear extremely real.  Faux fur still adds a chic and lavish appearance to any dressy outfit!




Well there you go, my scarf dictionary, I hope you mom’s enjoyed it!  And remember, if you ever have any questions regarding my posts or maybe have a certain scarf you want me to teach you how to wear, feel free to leave a comment below and I would love to address it!

Comments

  1. Ooh, that is pretty helpful. I have been thinking about scarves, but I haven't worked them out very well yet. It's my goal for the winter.:)
    I'm a new follower from Sit and Relax.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura can throw on a scarf and completely changes her outfit. Dresses up, dresses down, they are a great accessory.
    When we lived in New York, I had a couple of nice scarves to wear out and enjoyed them in the wardrobe. Not down here, just a bright orange one to keep from getting shot during dear season.
    have an awesome weekend exalted mommy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love scarves! love it! love it! :)
    I am passing on the Tell Me About Yourself Award to you. You can read all about it in this link: http://cutecoconut.com/2011/11/tell-me-about-yourself-award/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love an infinity scarf! I'll put that on my Christmas wish list. Thanks for joining the Planet Weidknecht weekend hop!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment