All I want for Christmas

I am the mother of two very active prepubescent boys.What this means is that my life consists of flushing the toilet for other people, stepping on forgotten Legos, trying to convince two people that you should bathe more than once a week, cooking dinner for people who don't appreciate a home cooked meal and generally putting aside my immediate wants for the wants and needs of these two loves of my life.

So when I am asked what I want for Christmas several things come to mind. I want to spend the day on my extra deep sofa with my faux fur comforter and the REMOTE CONTROL. I don't want anyone to say " Do we have to watch that?" I want my toes to be warm and my butt not to be out of the covers 'cause some one wants to "share" my comforter. I want my food delivered to me right when I decide that I am hungry. Then I want the dishes whisked away before they are sat on by someone coming to check on me.

I want to not have to bundle the whole family up on Christmas day so that they can complain  about how they want to stay home when all I want is to stay home too. I want to not have to make nice with people I really don't like because it is Christmas and they are your- fill in the blank. Why we have to pretend to like people because they are family is beyond me. Certain people, related to either my husband or I, make being nice nearly impossible. And when you call them on their rudeness they say stupid shit like " Well I have been like this for the last 17 years I thought you understood me." What I understood was that they were rude. I just kept hoping that they would stop being rude at some point in their lives but that Christmas miracle hasn't happened yet. I wish I never had to see them again Christmas or no but I am guessing that that won't happen anytime soon unless I poison the Christmas punch.

I want a glass of wine and my flannel comforter sets to great me when it is time for bed. I want to not have to clean a plate, pick up toy, wrapping paper, cook a meal, or make nice for the whole day. But since that won't be happening, I want my family to be healthy and happy. I want them to know how much I love them and Christmas morning alone with them. And I want to wish all my wonderful readers out there a Merry Christmas!




Comments

  1. I love this!! Ditto and Amen!!!! I have nothing to add this is perfect!! I hope you get at least 1 minute of what you want and that you and your family have a wonderful, safe and very happy Christmas and holiday season!!! Much love and hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kathy - this is perfect, I couldn't add a thing to it! I sincerely wish you could get a least an hour of your wishes. Merry Christmas to you and your family - may it be filled with less drama and more food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies! I almost didn't post this. I thought maybe I was being too mean. But Agent Daddy Loved it and encouraged me to post it anyway. I am so glad I am not the only one who just wants to stay home and have the remote control. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...can't believe I missed this post. So, did you get to lounge around at all? And dude, you're so not mean...you make perfect sense to me!!!

    Love ya
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment