I am a Facebook Floozy

I have several blogs that I am addicted to. These people make me laugh on a daily basis.Two of my favorites are The Butter Bottom Blog and Moms Madhouse. Recently, Richard at The Butter Bottom Blog, asked if I was a Social Media Slut. I was little offended at first but as I read the blog I realized I was a Facebook and Floozy and worse. I tweet people I don't know, friend people I have never met, and once I got a plane to meet two other blogging mommies in another state.

Before reading The Butter Bottom Blog, I considered my person vice to be reality TV. Jersey Shore, anything on Bravo TV and American Hoggers were really the trash I filled my mind with. After reading said blog I realized that my problem was much bigger. So big that I am afraid that even Dr Drew can't help me. I am now wondering how I can guide my kids to full productive lives when I am modeling such addictive behavior. I used to tell myself that watching all this was life lessons for them on what not to do. " Clean Your room, you don't want to be a HOARDER!" I would tell them. Thinking I was being such a responsible mom.

But Richard has pointed out the ugly truth...I am a shameful cyber slut and Reality TV junkie. How can I ever leave the house again? Of course if I never leave the house I can actually catch some new reality shows on the internet. Then I can like all of the stars Facebook pages and follow them on twitter...OH NO its worse than I thought. I think I need to cancel cable and turn of the internet...go cold turkey....Ok THAT really will never happen. I am WAY too far gone. Wonder what I should choose for a New Years resolution....HMMM

Jingle Bells Batman Smells...

Comments

  1. Well the first step is admitting that you have a problem. I too am a cyber slut, but I'm not ready to get the monkey off my back!! Thanks for a fun post and I agree, Richard and Sharon are two of the blogs that always make me laugh too!! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a "Social Media Slut" as well :P But I'll never admit it ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nice words, but now I feel like Guido the killer pimp from Risky Business. As long as your partners don't find out, who cares? Need to look up the other blog you mentioned.
    Seriously though, thanks for the nice words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, never heard that term before, but it's pretty funny. But I think that we are all sort of like social media sluts - being on Twitter, FB and with our blogs....isn't that the point, we want people to read! Wear your badge proudly!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now wait a damn minute! Are you trying to tell me that your not just Coco's slut, but a slut to the internet? Hold me back!!!! I am soooo jealous. Well, just a little bit. After all, it was me you jumped on a plane for!!!

    You're one of my favorite blogs too punkin butt!!!

    Kissy kissy
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment