Snooki STFU... Here's A Real Role Model

Hopefully by now you are getting to know me, or at least getting to know my personality.  I've let you into my world... sharing my sometimes obnoxious stories, exploiting friends from my cellphone, my boarding habits,  my passions, my mancave and my quest to be "One with the Ride".

This week I will stay on point with friends in my cellphone... Moving up the list backwards ( If you payed attention) Last week I started with "W" the next name in my contacts starts with V.

V is a special V, it is a double V.  First name V, last name V as in VV.

VV is the CEO of a company in the midst of re-introducing an American Icon to the World.  Therefore, once again, I am able give you, my lovelies... the goods.  

Ladies... I would like to introduce to you, an American Icon. One that I am sure that you are familiar with and if you are not, you must live under a rock.  This Icon happens to be a female, which is why I figured that you would appreciate it.  She has a commonality with my personal  lifestyle, otherwise I wouldn't be giving her the time of day.

It was long ago during the glory days of the Malibu Surf Scene that she made her debut, which put an everlasting mark in the history of  the surf culture. 

The scene that she once ruled and the equipment she once rode have changed quite a bit,  however another tidal surge will further embed her name in future generations of female action sports enthusiast...

Will the real "Gidget" please stand up! 



You weren't expecting Sally Fields were you?


The year was 1957... A war-weary nation was looking for a simpler, more joyful approach to life. Enter  Gidget—the story of a girl fascinated by the waves at Malibu Beach and the surfers who rode them. Nicknamed “Gidget” for “Girl Midget,” this young girl persuaded the local surfers to teach her to ride the waves. 


If Gidget’s story had not been told, California Xanadu would not have existed.  American youth would have missed out on one of the most powerful archetypes of innocence and fun. They would have been denied a happiness based on sunlight and sand between toes and the freedom to live life as one chooses.

Suddenly it’s 2011... A war-weary nation is again looking for a simpler approach to life. Other trends come and go. But Gidget is here to set the standard for those “corny” ideas we all want our kids and grandkids to embrace. Old-fashioned character traits like honesty, fairness, kindness and true friendship.


Amazingly, there has not been a new Gidget movie or TV show in 20 years. That is about to change, Gidget Worldwide is currently working with Hollywood partners to re-launch a series of entertainment properties so that an entirely new generation of young women and girls can experience the wholesome fun that Gidget stood for way back when... right now in the 21st century.
The beach and beyond... Gidget is   all about clean, wholesome fun and not just in the world of surfing.  Gidget Worldwide has plans to include other active sports like wakeboarding, skateboarding, snowboarding, skiing, soccer, softball, bicycling and beach volleyball. Look for the full line of apparel, accessories, sportswear, sporting goods, fragrances, bedding and home goods, music, DVD's, games, accessories, and much more!  
Gidget's vision, is for all girls to experience the fun of being a Gidget girl. They encourages girls to live more active, confident, joyful lives. And why not? After all, any girl can be a Gidget girl!
Keep an eye out for an entire line of Gidget goods in 2012.  



Gidget is Mom Approved!

Comments

  1. Love me some Gidget. 20 years, huh? that blows. Did you ever watch with Sally Fields before she became a flying nun?

    Kisses
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to see that you like Gidget, Which leads me to believe others will too. How about a Gidget Contest/Giveaway? I bet I can convince ol' VV to do something special?

    Yup... Sally fields... I used to think she was HOT! Marlo Thomas.. Elizabeth Montgomery... Mary Tyler More (Ouch!), and last but not least, Marsha Brady. Ahhhh the days of pre-puberty... lol

    Happy Holidays

    Adam G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff Adam. Gidget is da bomb!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment