Grandma's Turning 90


My Grandma is turning 90 on Friday. I can't believe how lucky I am to be 44 years old and still have my two Grannies. One of them is in Florida and one is here in California. Its my California Grannie that is turning 90. She is my mom's mother and all of my moms siblings, and one of my Grandma's niece's are coming in to celebrate. This is exciting and stressful all at the time. We all decided we would surprise grandma with this party. So one Aunt and Uncle and one cousin and her son are staying with me. We will be cheek by jowl but we are all excited to be together. For some of us it will be the first time we have been in the same room in over 30 years. It will be the first time since I was a very small child that all of us will be in the same room together. I can't wait for this one to meet that one and so on. It is also exciting because my other cousin is due to give birth to my Grannies 5th great grand child on her birthday. Of course babies rarely come on their due dates but it would be really cool to get a call from London telling us we have a new cousin born on the 90th birthday of her/his great grandma.

People will begin descending on me tomorrow at lunch and I have another secret. I sprained my ankle. But I have told no one outside of my house and I have sworn everyone to secrecy because I know that no would want to stay here if they thought I would be put out in anyway.  Also they would insist that I not do all the things that I have planned for the next few days. I figure I have survived 2 C-Sections, an appendectomy, gall bladder removal and the removal of my kidney, what's a sprained ankle compared to that. So I just didn't tell any one. Besides the bruise on my ankle is starting to fade a little and I am only taking advil when it REALLY hurts. Like when it starts throbbing after I scrub my house from floor to ceiling so that my relatives won't think I am a slob. Since the recession we had to give up the maid. I really miss her. I paid for college in part by cleaning other peoples houses. So I know how to clean like no ones business. But I so appreciated someone else scrubbing the toilet.

Now I am sitting with my leg up hoping it will stop hurting by the time I finish my excuse filled blog. Now that the house is clean I need to get the kids from school take them to their various after school programs, pick them up from said after school programs feed them and Agent daddy and get to choir. I think its time for another Advil.


Comments