Beauty is in the iPhone of the Beholder.

            In this day and age of smart phones, everyone is getting more and more tech savvy.  Even me and my fellow fashionista/o’s.  This week as fashion week comes to an end, I wanted to compile a list of smart phone apps and some websites (please check what platforms they are offered on, although all of these apps are available on the iPhone and iPad).  I have overloaded my phone on fashion apps, and I’m extremely addicted, whether it’s using it as a resource or acquiring a lovely new piece for my personal wardrobe, I find them extremely useful!  So check them out below and enjoy!

Haute Look:  This is kind of like an overstock.com but a high-end version.  Every day at 8am they open up new items from new brands for you to purchase, on a first come first serve basis.  They offer men’s, women’s and children’s apparel as well as home and office furnishings.  Definitely an app to have if you’re an avid online shopper like myself.

Vogue Stylist:  This app updates daily on new style trends and interesting articles on fashion.  Not super in-depth but definitely a great app to have to look over when you’re stuck in line at the grocery store or have some downtime.  Great for the mom who wants to get her daily does of fashion trends and stories.

MADE Fashion:  This gives you a live access to all the collections for fashion week this year.  It is absolutely an amazing app, a must have for fashion addicted moms! Behind the scene looks and photos for you to take advantage of, and get your fill of next year’s fall fashion.

Pinterest:  I’m sure many of you are familiar with Pinterest already as it has gained huge momentum the past couple of weeks.  Now, although it’s not fashion focused, you can actually construct “boards” that are fashion oriented.  Maybe a bored on “My Style” or “My Ideal Home Décor” and use these boards to create an online database of things that you like, want to emulate or recreate.

ReQoop:  Have you ever been at a store and thought, “I absolutely love that top but just don’t have the time to try it on, I’ll come back” and then got home and realized that you couldn’t remember what store it was.  This app solves everything.  You can actually snap an image of the item that you like and file it under the store that you found it at.  This app then stores it for future reference, you can basically create a online “to buy” catalog of things that you loved but didn’t have time to try on.

Poshmark:  This app allows you to sell gently worn clothes via your phone.  You snap a picture store the image with the price and you’re good to go.  You can host virtual meetings and “shopping parties” where you can get a group together and work yourself into a clothes swapping frenzy!

Well moms, I hope that you enjoyed this article and have already started downloading some of these amazing apps!  Have a great day Fashion Friday and good weekend.  And remember, stay fabulous!

 Brandon Sapin

Comments

  1. nice info, keep posting
    visit me http://sugiurarcphotogallery.blogspot.com/2012/01/blog-post_29.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment