For Goodness Sake WASH YOUR HANDS!

Many years ago I was at a convention for work and I noticed that my superior, a man, shook hands with some people and did the fist bump thing with others. I questioned him about this and was told " I fist bump the men I have observed not washing their hands after using the restroom." I immediately wanted to vomit. I started racking my brain to remember who he had fist bumped so that I could be sure NEVER to shake that persons hand. I went to the restroom and washed my hands just because I was unsure of whose hand I had shaken. It was then that I started carrying hand sanitizer so that after shaking a bunch of peoples hands I could "clean up". It so grossed me out that 8 years later I am still sickened by it and have not gotten over my fear that I will shake hands with an unwashed person.

As anyone who reads this blog knows, I am CONSTANTLY asking the boys "Did you Flush? Did you wash your hands?" I assumed that this was the case with all mothers and that at some point the good lessons would sink in and they would begin to do these things on their own. That is until I was listening to talk radio on the way home from dropping the kids off. The radio personality admitted on the air that he only washes his hands if someone is watching. Now I am a huge fan of this personality but I will NEVER shake his hand after hearing that. I am so shocked and disgusted by this that I will now assume that ALL men do NOT wash their hands after going to the restroom.

What is wrong with people? DO they not know that they can get REALLY sick from not washing and then eating? Or touching their own face? Am I the only mother out there insisting on the hand washing thing? Or have I gone over to the OCD side on this issue? I seriously do not wash my hands 25 times a day. but I do wash them EVERYTIME I use the restroom, or cook with chicken, or sneeze into them. I think I will start asking random people whom I see leaving the restroom, " Did you wash your hands?" Maybe I can start a movement. The CLEAN HANDS Society. If your hands aren't clean how can we trust the rest of you is? What other body parts are you not washing? If you only wash your hands when someone is watching, then what other not so savory things are you doing in private when you think no one is looking?

Comments

  1. Ha ha! YOu are so funny! You've been here and seen my kids. They play in the dirt and then lick their fingers!!!

    LOL
    Kissy kissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck! I'm with you on this! For crying out loud...adults, wash your hands! You're not 3 years old, anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once your kids get in middle school and go around swabbing for germs in science class...they'll always wash their hands! My son won't use a drinking fountain anymore because of all the germs he discovered on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the budget diet- well at leaset there is something to look forward to. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eek! I'm always worried about that at baseball. Tons of little boys running around touching stuff, and I'm pretty sure they don't take time to wash their hands once they run off the field mid-play to use the bathroom! *shudder*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm huge on washing hands too!! Just grosses me out even if I see them washing just with water!! Soap please :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sick. Boys are just gross. I'm from a family of clean girls and my husband is from a family of dirty boys, and I'm always after them.
    I always pull my sleeve over my hand when I touch door knobs in public areas. Too many dirty hands!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a funny post, but its so true. My kids refuse to wash their hands when they're done playing outside, so I've started keep hand sanitizer that's scented outside and I can smell when they use it or don't use it.

    Following from VoiceBoks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's just laziness - I mean from my teenagers. They don't even flush the toilet half the time. I know TMI. I'm visiting from VB - hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A certain elderly person in my life left the restroom without washing his hands one day and then proceeded to make himself a chicken sandwich in my kitchen. I gently grabbed the mustard knife from his hand and set it down, took his arm, led him back to the bathroom and stuck the soap in his hand. REVOLTING!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are not alone, I too am always shouting out "flush the toilet, wash your hands..." to my kids. I think I'd prefer to not think about how many people don't wash their hands. Love the idea of your CLEAN HANDS movement! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's true that many people don't wash their hands anymore. Have you noticed that some stores don't have doors to their bathrooms anymore but long walkways. It's because most people now don't wash their hands. And to prevent other people getting sick from touching the handle in public bathrooms. Yuck :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. First, ewwwww! Then, count me in as part of the Clean Hand Society. I have a bit of OCD in the hand washing area as well. I refuse to accept someone else's germs without my approval...ha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Are there spy cameras being sold online? Which site is good to purchase from? Thanks!

    http://www.onguardsecuritysolutions.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment