Oh for Goodness Sake PUT A SHIRT ON!

This summer has been really hot. I get it. Hotter for longer than normal. I have the electric bill to prove it. But really folks, if I have to see one more shirtless man at Walmart I just may stab myself in the eye. If they all looked like David here I would not be so upset. He makes me want to hop in the bath with him. SHHH don't tell Agent Daddy.

Mostly I see my manboys running around without shirts telling me they are hot. I am not sure when being hot became a reason for going naked, but I keep reminding them "No shirt No service." Am I dating my self to say that I remember when showing your underwear was NOT considered a fashion statement?

 Much less going shirtless all the time? And I would probably not be complaining about the manboys going shirtless if it meant less laundry. But somehow not wearing a shirt has caused me to have more laundry than normal. How can this be? Well they come to the table for breakfast shirtless. I tell them "Go put on a shirt if you want to sit at my table." So they do. Then comes lunch. Again they are shirtless and again I tell them " GO put on a shirt." So they go get ANOTHER clean shirt. Not the one they wore for 15 minutes at breakfast while they ate like ravenous wolves. No. This will be a NEW CLEAN shirt. Next comes dinner. Again no shirt.

This time however, if I tell them we are going out to eat they will go find the dirtiest shirt they can find. I think there is a hole in the back yard where they bury shirts. These shirts are only to be dug up in case of eating out or going to church. If we are eating at home they will go find their third clean shirt of the day. It boggles the mind. Then after their nightly showers they put on a shirt which somehow disappears while they sleep so that when they wake up they are AGAIN shirtless and coming to the breakfast table. I asked them If I could start going shirtless, because after all I am hot too, they very patiently explained to me that I could not because I was a girl and girls HAD to wear shirts. I was going to explain that because of my hot flashes I am hotter than they are and should get a special pass but Agent Daddy says that we should really save that little gem for later.

I have been looking into body paint for the manboys. I thought this would be a good way to keep them covered and save on laundry. Whoever came up with body paint decided it should wash off. Clearly not someone with manboys. I mean the second that they get food on their " shirts" the food and the shirt would be washed off. And where would that leave me? I am going to develop a semi permanent body paint. It should  non toxic so that we don't actually kill the kids, but should stay on through several washings like the temporary tattoo that Airborne put on his forehead last year. If it came in a spray can then I could use it on the masterpieces I see at walmart.  Cause you just can't leave that kind of beauty uncovered. So as summer draws to a close I am thankful that soon men and manboys will be putting on their shirts, and my laundry will get smaller.





Comments

  1. I cannot believe my eyes! Are you serious there are people running around without shirts on??? When did this become ok?? Heat or no heat (and I LIVE in hell with temps of 120!) there are limits, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I lived in FL it was the norm for people to go around in swimsuits, flip-flops, bare feet, or no shirt. When I moved to Michigan even the mini skirt became questionable.

    Your post gave me a good chuckle! Happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Detox Diva-I am always shocked by what people think is presentable for public.

    Rosey- I spend lots of time in Fl visiting relatives. The hole clothing and flip flops always gets me. Maybe I need to visit Michigan. LOL .

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA!!! Funny post. Great laugh back to school Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can say is Eeeeewwww!!! And double eeewww! Seeing those shirtless men is simply disgusting! Yes, if they were hunks, that would be a totally different story.

    From where I am, it's illegal to be seen shirtless in public. There's a certain penalty attached to it, I'm just not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. too funny and gross! I grew up in Florida so unfortunately this vision is a familiar one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pepper- Maybe their punishment could be having to look at thems selves in the mirror?

    Lisa- I know Fl is Really lax on appropriate clothing. Gross but true!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm surprised WalMart lets the people in without shirts on. That might scare other customers away!! No, wait. . . .

    Anyway! I feel you on the laundry. My 5 year old girl does the same thing, but for different reasons. Luckily, my 8 yr. old boy balances her out by wearing the same outfit for 3 days straight. . . but let's not talk about the underwear by that point. . .

    Here's to cooler weather and less laundry! Cheers!
    Michelle
    Heartfelt Balance Handmade Life

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen this, and a whole lot worse at Walmart. What gets me though is when someone lets their kids ride one of the bikes from the toy department all over the store while shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Who are tense people?! Really riding the store bike in the store?! There should be a group of moms who get to flog the mom allowing that because we all have to live with their hoodlum children. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Michelle- the wearing the same underwear thing is still a problem with the 10 yr old. He thinks changing his shirt makes all that he is wearing clean. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I see people on the street shirtless as well. I suppose we'd have a different reaction to shirtless men if they looked like David B. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes if they were al yummy to look at that would be one thing, but usually it is like a visual assault seeing beer gut, hairy backs, and butt cracks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always laugh when I'm running and come across a whole hoard of guys running with their shirts. They disillusion themselves into thinking it's attractive... :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sometimes the do look good. Then thiru years go by and we are left with a beer gutted tattooed hairy backed beast.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ok when you patent this idea-- please pass it along-- I have three boys and I am so tired of doing laundry

    ReplyDelete
  17. Me TOO! I am so glad that they are back in school.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment