The Summer of Epicness and Testosterone

As I look back on this summer I have become aware that I no longer live with a husband and two little boys. I live with a husband and two guys. The guys have bad habits, walk around shirtless most of the time and smell bad. I have called in a bio hazard team to deal with the stench that is their dirty socks, underwear and shoes. They told me they had cleaned crime scenes that smelled better.

I have watched them scratch, bletch, and fart their way through the summer. When I asked them why I should let them do what ever they were asking to do that day the youngest told me
"Because of my epicness and testosterone." I have thought often of this phrase over the last few weeks and if epicness and testosterone is what I have been smelling from their rooms I will take a pass.

The movies we have seen have all involved explosions and mayhem. The games they play involve shooting and explosions. I am wondering what happened to Thomas the Tank engine and Bob the Builder. What happened to my snugly little boys in their footie pajamas. According to Agent Daddy this is puberty. According to the boys....epicness and testosterone. Me I think is sucks. I miss my little boys. Don't misunderstand, I love the boys are I am very proud of them. I just find them more perplexing every day. My boys are becoming MEN. Soon they won't need me like they do now. In fact they need me very little now compared to just 5 years ago. In five more years the Tech Monkey will be in college and Airborne will be in High School. I guess the fact that they don't need me is a sign that Agent Daddy and I did a good job.

So farewell SUMMER, Hello Epicness and Testosterone.

Comments

  1. Oh they still need you to keep that testosterone in check!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you Andrea. I guess I do have a role here still. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel that way already... and my kiddo is only 2! The things he does... I just watch and say to myself, Yep! 100% boy!" Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, i am with you! i love my boy who is on his way to 15! but he's taller than me now and when we talk face to face i am totally sidetracked by his mustache, when we watch tv together i can see how his leg hair seems to be this reminder that he is becoming a man! and the smells, eek! and it's really not puberty that "gets to me" it's just this (now) constant reminder that he growing, he's soon to be grown. and it's tough, it really is. and it's amazing too. and it's gross. i go back and forth between these feelings about a million times a day. so i hear ya : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how funny, all that testosterone and bravado! It's hilarious how quickly they turn "manly"! I have a 4 month old boy and can already see the machismo in the making...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad to hear all the other moms that are "with" me on this. They are so different than I expected. Especialy now as they become GUYS. EEK.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's right, you and Agent Daddy raised them well. You should be proud :). No matter where your boys- or rather, men- go in life, they'll always look back on how you were always there for them.

    Oh, I dread the day my daughter turns into a woman...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Pepper. I always wonder if I am messing them up or just raising them up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! I'm right in between the "epic and testosterone" phase and the "Thomas the Tank" one. Not really sure which one is worse! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We must use the same bio hazard team. and hun, you've done a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used to think I would LOVE to be past Thomas. Then came the "frag" grenades and I think now that I was wrong.

    Sharon- I copied the number of your haz mat team off the bathroom wall when I visited you last. They are AWESOME! Now if they could just tell me what that stain on Airborne's carpet is...hmm maybe I really don't want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Puberty is an epidemic. My daughter's putting me through the rings. She's 11. She's certifiable...and also stinky.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I swear I thought puberty was bad when I went through it myself. Now it's seems ten times worse as I live through it with my kids. Thanks Lonna!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh I know I'm going to have a tough time when my lil guy grow up too--thankfully now he still love to cuddle!! and he always tells me "Your the BEST Mommy EVER!!"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ugh. My son is getting close. The attitude is there, and now I'm just waiting for the stinkiness....

    ReplyDelete
  16. I grew up with 4 brothers, all athletes, and they just stunk to high heaven. It used to drive me crazy. They still stink now, but I think I just have a nose that can smell people's smells. My husband smells great to me, and my brothers and father stink. It has to harken back to cave times or something??

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pam-Keep cuddling your little guy. My manboys still want to sit on the couch and watch TV with me. Their idea now of cuddling is to hold my hand. I will take what I can get.

    Jenn-the stinky sneaks up on you. One day everything is fine the next you open their bedroom door and your eyes start to water and you gag at the stench.

    Courtney-I was an athlete and was surrounded by the stink most of my life. I never thought it was that bad until it came form my sweet little boys rooms. My hubby always smells good. I think it is one of the reasons I fell in love..good teeth smells great. YOu could be on to something with the caveman thing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh, the article is hysterical and I can totally relate. My two oldest lovey-dovies turned into pre-teens, then teens, and now they're both gone and out of the house. I miss them but like you said, I'll take it that they're doing so well as a sign that we did a good job raising them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that you call them your lovey-dovies. Didn't they complain? the manboys have been getting more and more reluctant to show affection in public to their mommy. Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am NOT looking forward to this with my boys. I love getting my cuddles with my youngest. My oldest cringes at the thought of cuddling with mom at 9 and he's been wearing deodorant since last year. EWE, it gets worse...blech!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yeah, it gets worse but then it gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  22. No matter how old they are they will always need you. Who else will remind them to wear a helmet when life gets tough?!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Miss Melanie- you are so right. But just wait till Ethan becomes a manboy. It is very disturbing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment