There is a Valkerie in My Family Room.

The family room is also my office, the bar and the kids homework station. It is a large room with cathedral ceilings as is the reason we fell in love with the house.( It certainly was not the closet space of which there is none.) The furniture in the family room has moved around, but this is the room where for 15 years we have spent 90% of our home time. It is also the room where our home phone service provider almost never wants to leave. The come to fix anything and they are in there forever. I think they go out of their way to find problems in there so they can hang out.

No matter who comes to visit, fix the phones the internet the cable, what the family is doing my office is still the center of it all. Our old phones landline phones died recently. After a proper grieving period had passed,  Agent Daddy went out got new phones, plugged them in all over the house. He also go me a phone for my desk which I had been asking for for quite a while. He proudly showed me that there were now two phones in the family room, one on my desk and one near the TV. I smiled an nodded and went back to blogging. I gave the new phones no more thought until Tuesday morning. On Tuesday morning Agent Daddy went to work, the manboys went to school, and I sat at my desk and reveled in the quite that had been missing form my home since June.

I was happily blogging away when I heard "Ride of the Valkyries" blaring form the phone on my desk and the phone by the TV. I am not one to answer calls form unknown caller, so this continued unabated for 4 full rings. I thought I might go crazy.  Then the awful racket stopped and I went about my business. About 10 minutes later it started again. This went on for the whole morning until I went and unplugged all the phones.

When Agent Daddy came home he asked me "What did you do today?"
I told him " I had an infestation of Valkyries in the Family Room, but don't worry...I killed them."



Comments

  1. Hope some quality time spent by the agent silenced things (while maintaining functioning phones usage).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Agent Daddy chose the low option on the ringer by the TV and the silent option on the desk phone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only use my landline phone to make outgoing calls to save on my cell phone bill. 99% of the time it rings, it is a telemarketer, so I just let it ring, but my husband can't stand to sit through the loud, long lasting rings:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wayne- its about how I killed the Valkyrie. It makes me a mighty and powerful warrior who lives in in a castle populated by manboys and Agent Daddy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment