Disney's California Adventure- Cars Land Review

If you are not already aware of it, I live in Southern California, the land of perpetual sunshine. This means that I am often asked if I live close to Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, Universal Studios or Magic Mountain. the answer is yes. All of these places are within what I consider driving distance. In Southern California, the average person drives 45 minutes to get to work. Some people drive  as much as 90 minutes each way. It is insane. So when I say driving distance that means "Can I leave after breakfast and arrive before lunch."

Disneyland and Disney California Adventure are actually 10 miles from my home. Because of this I have been asked a million times about the new Cars Land. I had not actually be over to Cars Land, my kids are a little old for it now, but I decided to go and check it out anyway. My boys were  about 6 and 3 years old when this movie cam out and they ADORED it. We had lightning McQueen and Tow Mader's everywhere.  We collected every car from Cars. We even made a trip out to the Route 66 museum in Barstow, CA. We were Cars people. I have seen the movie now no less than 25 times. We of course bought the DVD as soon as it came out. We watched that movie at home, on road trips and in hotel rooms on vacation. I have to say I kinda miss Tow Mader. By the time Cars 2 came out the boys were really pretty over the whole thing. So those are my credentials for reviewing this new Disney Attraction.

I arrived at the park with my good friends and one 18 month old boy. I wanted to get an expert opinion on the rides. When we truned to go into Cars Land I was stunned. It was like walking into the movie. The main street of Radiator Springs was so perfectly reproduced that I had to stop right at the entrance and take my time looking at everything. As always, Disneys' attention to detail was spot on. From the mountain on the Horizon to the Route 66 sign under my feet everything was perfect. There were a few additions not in the movie but added so well you felt like they should have been there. I think my favorite was Flos V8 cafe. Unfortunately the sun was driving it into shadow so my picture is too dark to share. the blinking light in the center of town,Lightning McQueen driving down the street for all to see, and the statue of Stanley at the end of the street made me want to drag my boys down to Cars Land so they could have a piece of their childhood back. Now this being my first time to Cars land we had to go on EVERY ride. they were surprisingly fun. But I think that Tow Maders Tow yard was the most fun.  Lightning McQueens ride was not for the 18 month old but most everything else was just the right size for him and the perfect amount of fun for kids like me who are older.

I always give a Fad or Fab rating on what I review and I must give this a FAB. Bring the kids in October when it is not so crowded and hot and have an AWESOME time.



Comments