Choosing Love

Natalie rushed into the women's bathroom and headed for the sink. Bending her head, her shoulder length hair swung forward to cover her face. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath for a ten count and then released it. She gripped the sides of the sink and  breathed again still keeping her eyes closed as she pictured her two, fatherless, teen aged boys. As she tryed to slow her heart beat and calm her nerves she reminded herself "They need me." Several minutes later she felt her heart rate slow back to normal and began to feel as though she were back in control.

She raised her head and opened her eyes her mouth dropping into an "oh" as she stared in the mirror. Chris was leaning against the wall, arms crossed against his chest waiting. He must of followed her in here because she didn't remember hearing the door open and close after she came in. She swung around to face him and he pushed himself off the wall and took a step toward her. " What just happend?" he asked
Bowing her head so she didn't have to look him in the eye she shook her head. She could feel the gravitational pull of his body calling to hers. She continued to fight it as she felt his finger under her chin.



Lifting her face toward his he commanded softly  "I want you to look me in the eye and tell me what just happend." His finger then trailed down her arm to her hand which he took in his. She was suprised by the touch of his hand, the warmth. She could feel the heat emanating from him. His blue eyes bored into hers and Natalie took a deep breath stealing herself for the truth.

" What happened is I wanted you to kiss me," Chris drew in a sharp breath as she said the words but she rushed on " But I am not in the habit of playing with fire and I have no desire to be another of the broken hearts strewn at your feet." When she had finished Chris looked down at their entwined hands. He took a breath and let go of her hand turning to leave he said " I think it is my heart that is in jeopardy here." and he walked out of the women's restroom leaving Natalie unsure of what had just happened and how she felt about it. She let out the breath she didn't know she had been holding waiting for his answer, and turned back to the mirror. "Well that's another fine mess you've gotten us into." She told her mirror image.

Well what do you guys think? Should I write more of this story? Should I stick to mommy blogs or do you like a little romance thrown in?


Comments

  1. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah! More, please! What is Natalie going to do? Where did Chris go? How can I leave my seat not knowing? That was unexpected and fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andrea! I am thinking that I would like to do a fiction piece each week that will run like a serial. You will have to come back each week to find out what is going on with the characters. I promise to have a beginning and an end on each story but I can not tell you how long the stories will be. You will just have to stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment