Gardens of Stone


Walking into the graveyard Marie felt a sense of peace. The sun was shining the birds were singing and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. The rows of head stones all neatly laid out in rows, the military flags rippling in the wind, and the scent of wilting flowers in the air all were part of her  monthly pilgrimage to talk to Grand dad.

It seemed incomprehensible that he was gone even after a year. But his wisdom and guidance when her parents had died had been what got her though. Who would have thought a tough old soldier could be the greatest friend a teenage girl could want. He had taught her to be a lady, and how to take down a guy who got too fresh. But more than anything he had taught her to stand on her own.



But even with that the first Saturday of every month she went to the cemetery to pour a beer on Grand dads grave and talk to him about her life and trials. Other folks brought flowers but Marie knew that her retired Marine  would rather have a cold beer than a bouquet of flowers.

As she got closer to the grave she noticed a Marine in dress blues standing in front of her Grandfathers marker. She slowed up  afraid to interrupt as he seemed to be talking to the grave. Eventually he finished talking and turned noticing her for the first time.

" Did you know the Colonel?" She asked the stranger as she moved to the grave.

" Yes, he was my mentor, and I would like to think my friend. I am sorry I didn't introduce myself. I am Captain Ruis. You must be Marie." he held out his hand to shake hers.

"Captain," She said gripping his hand," My grandfather spoke of you often."

" I see you brought him a beer. I wish I had thought to. We often sat at the O club drinking a beer and discussing the day."

How do you think this should end? Should I write more?




Comments

  1. I really like what you guys are usually up too. This type of clever work and coverage!
    Keep up the terrific works guys I've incorporated you guys to my blogroll.
    Here is my web site :: paid internship

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should write more
    Have a great weekend
    Lolo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lolo- Thanks I will write another installment for next week. Come Back next Friday to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree w/the post above me, it sounds like a great intro!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course I like it. :) More please.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok ladies the next installment of this story is written and will publish on 11/2/2012. Please keep the comments coming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, thanks to offer such a helpful information here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment