Meet the Tech Monkey

Today the Tech Monky turned 13. How I became the mother of a teenager is beyond my ablity to understand. I was a hot 20 something who married an equally hot 20 something and began my happily ever after. Except that they never told me that my hot hubby would become Agent Daddy and that little baby I held and nursed and worried over would become my scariest fear a TEENAGER! Since this is month of scary stories let me share this with all of you.

Teenagers are scary for many reasons. The first is I remember VERY clearly being a teenager. These memories are some of my fondest until I superimpose the face of my baby on them. Then they become horrors too scary to contemplate. First kiss, learning to drive, YIKES! How can I still be a hot 20 something and have a teenager? On top of the Tech Monkey being taller than me, he is also a daily reminder that my fantasy about my age is a FANTASY. I am not ready to be old. I am not ready to think of the Tech Monkey kissing a girl, getting his heart broken, shaving, learning to drive and all the other things that come with being a teenager. He hasn't even started High School yet and I already have hives thinking of all the mischief I got into there. My one hope is that he is more like Agent Daddy than me. But then I know that Airborne is right behind him and Airborne is me on steroids. He has game and he doesn't even know what game is or what to do with it yet. We are all in trouble when Airborne discovers his true powers.*Shudder*

Back to my Tech Monkey, since he was 10 he has been in charge of my IT department. His knowledge of all things computer so out distances me that I don't know whether to be proud or afraid. He has to teach his teachers at school how to work the technology that they are supposed to be using to teach him. He is just that good. He now has a twitter account @CrazyOldJawa. Don't pretend to be surprised that he is a Star wars Fan. You know he couldn't be this much of a geek and NOT be one. He has asked me to ask my followers to follow him. I am asking but I refuse to be responsible for any content he might tweet. I refuse to be responsible for my own content.

I posted this picture of him as this is how 90% of my pictures of him look. He has tried to impose a yearly picture limit on me. I do not do well with rules in general, and I refuse to have a picture limit so this is what I have. Blurry photos of his hand, the back of his head, or him trying to hide under or behind something. Agent Daddy says I shouldn't be too put out by it as at least these are not film that I had to pay to develop. I can just delete these and try again later when he is not paying attention.

Crazy stuff this being a mom of a teenager. Please help me!




Comments

  1. When they hit the teenage years it is sooooo scary. I've got one I made it through and 2 in the middle of it (18 & 15). I have a feeling that the one I'm really going to have problems with is my daughter, who is 11 going on 25. Her becoming a teenager - THAT makes me shudder!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I am not the only one afraid. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment