Setting the Example

I am always telling the kids that they set an example to younger kids of the way we should properly behave. If you swear and get in fights the younger kids will think that that is how people behave at that age. If you volunteer and give back to your community younger kids will thing that that is the way to behave. This is true of business owners and politicians as well.

Have you ever gone into a locally owned business and seen all the plaques on the walls showing the Little League teams or the Soccer teams that they support? That is how good business behaves. They are involved and give back to the community. This is especially true of Bob Parsons the founder of GoDaddy.com. Mr Parsons is best known for his internet business but in Arizona they know him because of his Philanthropy. They also know him for his motorcycles. So what better way to give back to the community than to host Bob's Biker Bash this October 20th in Scottsdale. The proceeds from the concert will benefit Phoniex Childrens Hospital. The Bikers get to see some great "old school" rock bands like George Thorogood and 38 special and PCH benefits. The tickets are $20 but if you have a motorcycle drivers license the fee is waived. Come on guys pay it anyway its for the KIDS! the Event will be held at Harley Davidson of Scottsdale and Go AZ Motorcycles.

I love to see how the stores I shop in give back to the community. In hard times character shows. We have been though some hard times these last 4 years and Bob Evans, the ex marine and eccentric businessman is stepping out and lending a hand anyway. This is the first annual concert and he is expecting 10,000 people. Way to go Bob.


Comments

  1. I keep hoping my kids will learn by example, but lately it seems to be more of a "Oh, mom does all that stuff FOR us). Those events sound fabulous! Love to see the giving/giving back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids used to say that too so I volunteered them to come and help me at a Thanksgiving dinner for the community. They got to meet many people of all different back ground that were down on their luck. Some homeless and some just barely scraping by. They told me after that they never realized how fortunate they were or how good it feels to help.

    Go ahead try it I bet you will LOVE the results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great article and I too try to teach my two learn kids to learn by example and try my best being a stay at home mom to model good behavior all day long. Thanks for sharing about GoDaddy gving back to the community too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a stay at home mom is such a great example for our kids. I too kept my kids out of daycare. I worked nights my hubby days until they were in school. They know that they are my most important job.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment