Oh for the LOVE of Craigslist....

I have written about my obsession with free and cheap things before but this is something a little different. You see my Craigslist addiction is becoming a problem. I find myself sneaking away from family time to search the free ads on Craigslist. Today, in between the ultrasonic cleaner for jewlery and a twin head board with book shelves was a 16' trampoline. I could feel my excitement grow I discovered this treasure was located less than 4 miles from my home and was ready for pick up immediately. I was already to call my girlfriend Gary to help me go get it when something told me to call Agent Daddy first. As you know Agent Daddy has decided that if it is free it must be haunted, but I thought he would be okay with this because it goes in the back yard. All the ghosts would be relegated to the neighborhood not inside the house. Haunted problem solved right? I had visions of Techie leaving his computer to go out  into the sunshine and play like a normal kid. I could see Airborne trying to jump from the roof on to it with success. My fantasies were becoming very vivid so I called Agent Daddy hoping he would not answer so I could just get on with my wonderful find.

No such luck. Agent Daddy answered on the second ring. He must have some kind of sixth sense about my hair brained divinely inspired plans. So here is the conversation.
Me: "Can I get a 16' trampoline for the back yard if it is free?"
Agent Daddy: "No."
Me: " Why not? It would be good for the kids. They can play on it and get some exercise."
Agent Daddy: "They don't play on the stuff they have now."
Me: "Well, you know Airborne said he would like a trampoline."
Agent Daddy: "Airborne wants C-4 too but he can't have that either." Sometimes Agent Daddy can be a real drag.
Agent Daddy: "I will tell you something else, the trampoline would interfere with the gardeners, and frankly I don't want to have to put it together."

Me: "I was going to have Mr. Gary help me go get it and put it together."
Agent Daddy: "Poor Mr. Gary. Did you float this brilliant idea past him?"
Me: "I thought I would call you first."
Agent Daddy: "Well thank you Jesus for small miracles."
Me: "You know you really are a buzz kill."
Agent Daddy: "You know you really need to stay off Craigslist."
Me: "How do you know know that I was on Craigslist?"
Agent Daddy: " Because I am a trained investigator and you are an unrepentant Craigslist addict."
I am silent here because the truth is sometimes painful.
Agent Daddy: "I love you sweetie but no trampoline okay?"
Me: "Okay. I love you too. Bye you big meanie."
Agent Daddy: Laughing hangs up the phone.

So what is a girl to do with something this AWESOME? I don't know but I am sure that if I brought it home Agent Daddy would notice it in the yard so for now I just have to take a pass on it.


Comments

  1. Aw. Total Killjoy. Trampolines are AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jesus for miracles!!!! LOL...agent daddy is funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Mircles do happen...Agent daddy Married me after all. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment