Coupons and Diamonds?

Ok you already know that I am CHEAP! Nothing thrills me more than getting something FREE because it was on sale and I had a coupon. When I check out at the grocery and I see the cost roll backward due to my savings card and my coupons, I want to jump up and down like I just won the lottery. The boys tattled on me to my mom over Christmas.

"Grandma, did you know that my mom is an EXTREME couponer? She has a BINDER full of coupons and had a cabinet full of stuff she calls her hoard." Airborne was the first one to out me but the Tech Monkey jumped right in with "We have 25 deodorants, 15 tubes of toothpaste and like 20 boxes of cereal in the hoard." My mother just looked at me and shook her head like I had really lost it this time. I am not sure how she can't understand how happy it makes me to cut my grocery bill in HALF or more. What she didn't know is that I couponed my way through Christmas too. $60 in Itunes cards-$36, new monitors for the boys- Black Monday Tiger Direct deal 40% off.

I decided that I wanted to be TOTALLY debt free by the time Agent Daddy hit 50. I am ahead of schedule. I am rocking this saving thing. So I was thinking I might need to reward myself for all my hard work. I mean really who deserves a bigger diamond than me? So I went over to look at engagement rings on Pricegrabber.com. WOW! they have rings from all over the net. As low as 99 cents all the way to like $30,000. I saw a Pink Sapphire and Diamond ring that was STUNNING. The prices are all pretty reasonable for what you are buying. The only problem is choosing just one.

Comments

  1. I was so crushed today that i could not use my 30% Kohls coupon and pay with my gift certificate...I left with nothing! Boo to their new policy of not being able to pay overage with charge card and get discount!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right?! they lost a sale because they are so uptight.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment