The Dead Guy- Chapter 12

Happy hour was in full swing at Tiny's Bar. Virgil Honstetter, Tiny to his friends, was 6'4' and three hundred pounds. At one time it might have been solid muscle but at 60 years old, Virgil was starting to get a little flabby. Music blared though speakers as people gathered at tables and at the bar to enjoy half price drinks and free nacho's. Tiny's was a local institution and if you sat at the bar long enough, you would see everyone in town. I had found a seat at the bar and was drinking my usual unsweetened tea. Not drinking sweet tea around here was a sin close to running off with your best friends boyfriend who dumped her 15 years earlier. It was generally frowned upon but wouldn't keep you form being invited to any dinner parties. Tiny, however, was diabetic and made the best UN sweet tea around. He also always kept my glass full if I sat
near him at the bar, the old pervert. So I sat waiting for Officer Yum. I didn't feel right calling him Thad any more.  I was, after all,  there to tell him that I couldn't see him any more.

I had been waiting about a half hour when I spotted Officer Yum striding toward me. "What's up buttercup?" he said leaning down to kiss me. I gave him my cheek and he sat down. Tiny rolled his 300lb frame over to see what my friend might want to drink."Just a coke" Thad said and then turning to me "I am on call."
I nodded so he would know that I heard him. I stared at my tea. Trying to find the courage to let him down with out seeming like a psycho. We had only just had 2 dates and maybe would have had more..."Did you want something?You did call and ask me to meet you." he interupted my thoughts.
I took a deep breath, rolled my shoulders back looked him in the eye..and froze. Damn he was handsome. Ok I thought try again. Another deep breath and "I just found out my husband didn't cheat on me and so I feel really guilty for divorcing him and since I should not have divorced him, I shouldn't have gone out with you and I REALLY should not have kissed you , which I really really liked but which now I feel guilty for cause it was kinda like cheating and I am not a cheater so I just cant see you any more." I took a drink.
Officer Yum stared at me. The music blared and I continued to suck tea through my straw until it was all gone. Officer Yum shook his head and smiled. He rubbed his hand over his face and looked at the ceiling. then he turned to me and said "You know your brother warned me that you were still in love with your ex husband. You don't have to make up excuses. If you don't want to go out with me, if you feel guilty all you had to say was no then next time I called."
"I am not making up excuses...I am telling you the truth. I thought that you deserved that much. I also thought that you deserved something else." I spotted Shawna entering the bar. She spied me and Officer Yum and headed my way. She was looking good. The time she spent running home and changing clothes was worth it. I was sure that Thad wouldn't think about me again once he saw what I was looking at.
"What else do I deserve?"
"To be happy." I said I leaned over and kissed his cheek "Let me introduce you to some happiness, Shawna, this is my friend Thad Young, Thad this is Shawna Blake." I stood and Thad stood and turned around. Shawna sauntered up to him and gave him her hand.
 "Hello handsome." She said
"Hello beautiful." He answered taking her hand. I was right he had eyes only for her. But who wouldn't? I grabed my purse off the bar and left. Now all I had to do was convince Drew that I believed him...finally.

I drove downtown to Drew's office and parked in the visitor parking. It was nicer, closer and shaded unlike the employee lot that I had parked in when I had an office here. It was getting late. Twilight had begun to descend and the lights were on in the office building. I counted three up from the corner and sure enough that light was on too. BINGO. Drew was in his office. Thanks to Shawna I knew I was looking good. I walked right into the law offices and past the receptionists desk. She had already left for the day but I could hear people in the back. I continued on down the hall to Drews office. The door was slightly ajar so I just walked in knocking on the door as I passed into his office.

Drew looked up from his legal briefs and smiled. "To what do I owe this visit?"
I closed the door behind me and I locked it. He raised an eyebrow in question.
"I came to say I am sorry."
"For what exactly? Jacks, for not believing me? for divorcing me? For making our kids shuffle back and forth every week." Clearly the wasn't planning on making this easy. Problem was I had been married to him so I knew he was easy. And once you know what a man can't resist, you can pretty much get him to do anything. So I nodded and began unbuttoning my blouse. " I thought maybe if I came here." I pointed to his desk, " And here," I pointed to the chair he was sitting in, and maybe over there," I pointed to the wall of books," then maybe you might find it in your hear to forgive me." My shirt was open now to the waist. The pink lacy bra was on full display just the way he liked it. I saw his pupils dilate as I came around the desk and sat on his lap. I wiggled just for effect. It had the effect I was hoping for. I wound my arms around his neck and asked "What do you think hot stuff?" He placed his had at the back of my head splaying his fingers through my hair, and drawing my face down to his. He covered my mouth with his and seduced me with his mouth. I didn't have far to go before I was putty in his hands. He always did know just how to touch me. "He lifted his head and said " I should make you try harder for forgiveness but I think you have punished us both enough as it is." He leaned down and put his face between my breasts and inhaled. I knew I had won. I had lost him and now I had him back. There was no way he was leaving this room before I was done with him.


*************************************************************************************
I hope you enjoyed "The Dead Guy" I really enjoyed writing it.  Let me know if you would like me to keep up with the serials or if you would like me to make Friday's Fiction a short story all done in one post going forward. To catch up on the other chapters click HERE
Thanks for reading

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I guess that makes two yeses..at least for fiction

      Delete
  2. Ooooo, I loved this! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's up buttercup? tee her.... I've missed a few installments. Nice coming back to catch up! Keep writing. Very fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello sweetie pie! Thanks for the encouragement. I guess I will keep it up. Maybe same characters new story? New Characters new story? let me know.

      Delete
  4. I loved the series. Keep up the great writing, you have awesome talent. In fact, you should put the chapters together and put it in an ebook. You can self publish using Amazon from what I have heard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christy you read my mind. You are so smart. I wanted to test the waters first. Thank you all for all the support while I wrote this.

      Delete
    2. Your welcome. I can't wait to read your next online book. :)

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful way to keep visitors coming back to your blog! My only suggestion would be to add a link at the beginning to all the previous chapters for first time visitors like me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what a good Idea...Hmm I got to figure out how I could do that in all of them.

      Delete
  6. What a nice read. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only caught the last few but still feel "caught up" which to me means it's very descriptive AND well written!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment