Happy Birthday Airborne and Happy 4th of July!

Let me tell you a little bit about my Airborne. The good Lord could not have picked a more perfect day for him to be born. He is his own unique self. He and his brother were both breech so after a wonderful scheduled C section with the Tech Monkey, I had my schedule of events all ready for Airborne. Airborne, however, had other ideas.



Airborne was scheduled to be delivered on July 9th. I went into labor at 2am on July 4th. But I had a plan and I was sticking to it. So I convinced myself that the contractions were Braxton Hicks, even though I had lost my plug. ( That never happened with the Tech Monkey). I went back to bed and went back to sleep. I  woke again at 5am in full blown labor. Contractions 5 minutes apart. But I had plans so I tried to lay down and make the pains go away.

I was tossing and turning so much that Agent Daddy woke up. He asked how far apar tthe contractions were. I tried not to answer. He called my parents to come sit with the Tech Monkey so we could go to the hospital. After they were on their way, I fessed up to how close they were. By now the pain was pretty bad and I began to think bad thoughts about Agent Daddy.

When I finally arrived at the Hospital at about 6:30 am I was 5 cm dilated and the contractions were 2 minutes apart. If you know anything about hospitals you know that they run on three shifts. 7am to 3 pm. 3pm to 11pm and 11pm to 7am. I caught the entire shift as they were anxiously awaiting time to go home for their 4th of July holiday.

Boy did I mess up their schedule. The Doctor had to quickly prep me and himself for surgery. Remember this kid is breech and every contraction could be strangling him. He delivered Airborne and then had to sit with me until 11 am because no one scheduled to work recovery actually showed up for their shift.

Then Airborne and mommy are hanging out in the hospital room when Grandma says "You know he looks a little blue." Off Airborne went to the NICU. He had aspirated some am biotic fluid.  So here is this 8 lb baby in with all the premies. He looked like a giant. But he got all kinds of extra attention from the nurses. I believe this is where he developed his way with the ladies.

I have never had a dull moment with this child and he is a firecracker. Happy Birthday Airborne! Mommy Loves You!

Comments