Statue Man

Ever wonder why it is that Agent Daddy is the Bomb Diggity Daddy? Well here is an example of his AWESOMENESS.

When my kids were younger I used to travel about three times a year for business. When I traveled Agent Daddy would take vacation time and stay home with our little monsters darlings. When I got home we would plan a special "trip" for the family. Sometimes it was the beach,we live like 20 miles away, or a picnic in the park. And sometimes it was a longer family vacation.
After one trip that was longer than usual, I believe I was gone five days in total, we were all in the car and the boys were being rambunctious. Agent Daddy and I were getting aggravated and Agent Daddy turns to the boys and says " Okay we are going to play Statue Man." He counts to three and the car falls  completely silent. We went from total chaos to total calm in 3 seconds. I was stunned. I  looked at Agent Daddy, this creator of calm, and mouthed "Statue Man?". He whispered back. "Who ever can be quite and still the longest gets a Jolly Roger. Sometimes they fall asleep because they are trying so hard to be quiet." He then smiled at me and I realized that I had married a freaking genius.

The boys were fooled by this game for about three years. We could play statue man in the car, at the doctors office, on airplanes, where ever. It is the greatest gift I was given during that time of our lives. A few minutes of calm is so underrated until you become a mom.

Comments