Cloudy with a Side of Meatballs 2- Review

This past weekend I took Airborne to see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2. I had not seen the first one and he was so insistent on me taking him to see it that I figured I better watch the first one before we went. I was surprised at how cute the first one was. I completely enjoyed myself. Airborne was so happy that I took the time to curl up with him and watch it that I figured our Saturday Date would be a success too.


It is not often that i get on or the other of my boys alone for a date but when I do I am always surprised by how different they are without their sibling around. Airborne and I headed off to the Movies while Agent Daddy and the tech Monkey went off to do Marching band stuff.

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 was even funnier than the first one. Airborne and I both liked the Jurassic Park references and I could help but see the similarities between Chester V and Steve Jobs. The Foodimals really are inventive and fun. We found ourselves talking about them though out the rest of the weekend.

My favorite Foodimal has to be the pickles. They are so funny when they are learning to fish, and then later helping Flint to fish. Airborne however seemed to love the tacodiles. There are berries, susi Sheep, Potato hippos, watermelon elephants and too many more to mention. All inventive and all add a richness to the visual story.We both loved Barb. Barb was the surprise character and moral of the tale.

This was a perfect date for myself and my 11 year old.


Comments