Hello Menopause

Well I have finally stopped pretending that menopause was not really happening to me. I started having symptoms about 3 years ago, dry skin, night sweats...I even went to the doctor because I thought I had been running a fever every night for a month. How he managed to not laugh out loud at me I will never know.

If I had to describe myself I would say relatively young and healthy. But the truth is I had been having some mood swings and some crankiness has ensued. So I went out and bought some natural supplements to help ease some of the moodiness and other symptoms. One of the supplements is a liquid that I add to water 3 times a day.


This morning I was adding the supplement to my water when Airborne asked "Mom what is that?" pointing to the supplement.
I answered "It is my medicine" I call pretty much everything medicine. I have no idea why but I just do.
Airborne asked " What does it do?"
 I replied "It helps me with my menopause and keeps me from taking hostages."
Airborne replied without missing a beat " Mom you talk so much that any hostages you took would get Stockholm syndrome."
I smiled back at him and said "I love you." Then I went off to tell Agent Daddy about my witty son. After I told Agent Daddy the whole story he replied " He is right you know."
Nice to know he is on my side.

Comments

  1. It's amazing how well our kid know us =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, that is very similar what would come out of my oldest son mouth :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so funny the things that kids say!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol! Kids are so crazy aren't they? My aunt is going through her menopause and it's a doozy. She is like a whole different person! Not a nice one either.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment