The Perception Paradigm...

Driving in the car today with Agent daddy, Tech Monkey and Airborne I was surprised by their perception of the last 10 or so years. The Tech Monkey was talking about how they had to "go to lots of marriages when we were little." Agent Daddy corrected him saying " You attended lots of weddings.." I was confused because although I could remember many funerals in our recent past, I really did not remember them attending very many weddings. When they were little they were not the
calmest of boys. In fact at my cousins wedding, which took place in a meadow at the top of a mountain, they ran off to play during the ceremony.


So I asked him to name all the weddings he attended. " Well, " he began " there was Cousin Katie's wedding, and Auntie Lew's wedding, and your wedding.." I interrupted him here " You did not attend Daddy and my wedding you were at our vow renewal. You were not born when Daddy and I got married."

"It was a marriage, mom. There was preacher and you walked down the isle...."
"I know but your dad and I were already married so it is was a vow renewal. And besides we didn't have to file any paperwork for the vow renewal like you do when you get married."
" Mom," he said exasperated,"Paper work doesn't make you married, the preacher does."

So I guess it is all about perception.

Comments