The Private Lives of Nashville Wives...Are you Watching?

The entire cast of Private Lives of Nashville Wives
Tonight at 10pm you better tune into TNT because tomorrow everyone will be talking about this show. What is this show? Well, this show is Private Lives of Nashville Wives and it follows a group of accomplished, opinionated and driven women as they deal with professional challenges, family issues and social relationships.  It is set in and around the capital of the high-stakes country music business.

I had the pleasure of sitting down with two of the cast members, Cassie Chapman and Erika White. I was easily able to relate to both ladies. They are very down to earth and Erika and I have the
pleasure of being moms to two boys. Our kids are pretty close in ages. Cassie grew up in the town my Dad was born in. We have decided that, with that town being so small, we are probably 4th cousins. Both ladies were very complimentary to all of the other ladies and to each other.

Before I had kids I was a perfectionist who mopped her floors every night. (INSANITY) After kids my standards fell. First I was just glad to get a shower, then if was 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep, that was a win for the day. Now if we just have a "Blood Free Day" I call it a win. So I asked the ladies:

Erika Page White
How do you give yourself permission to not be perfect?

Erika answered first. She began" Wow that is a great question. I am just learning this. I struggle with it everyday. Especially being a stay at home mom, I had a hard time learning that it was ok if the house got dirty, or the kids homework wasn't done on time. I ask myself now if I did my best today, and that has to be okay."

Cassie then answered the question. "Gary reminds me all the time not to put artificial pressure and expectation on myself. He tells me not to worry or "I got this babe". He really does allow me to relax about trying all the time to be the perfect mom, wife etc."

Next I asked:

If you could go back in time and speak to your 18 year old self,  what piece of advice would you give yourself.

Cassie Chapman
Cassie answered very confidently "I would tell myself to Keep God in the center of your life. All of the problems I had until I met Gary, could have been avoided if I had just stuck to that one rule."

 I had to agree with her on that. It has been true in my life as well. Most of my shenanigans happened when I was not keeping God in the center of my life. I thank God every day that there was no internet or cell phones when I was 18.

Erika answered  next "Don't take everything so seriously. Relax. Do the things that make you happy. Don't miss out on life because you are stressing out about the small stuff. Always be willing to try to become a better person."

I have to say I could have used that advice myself a time or two.

I had one last question before the ladies  had to go.

What did you learn about yourself by doing this show?

Erika answered  " I learned not to be quick to judge new people. Take time to really get to know someone first. Don't take everything so seriously. I think I have become a better person for knowing these ladies and for the experience of this show."

Cassie chimed in " I really lived in a bubble before this show. I was out on the ranch hanging out with the same people all the time. This show got me out and I experienced feeling really short for the first time in my life. These ladies are all beautiful and statuesque and then they wear these 6 inch heals. I am 5' tall on a good day. I had never really been aware of my height before. But these ladies all helped me find my confidence. Going out and meeting them all was a great experience."

I had to agree. When my boys were small my whole world was them. I was MOMMY. Then one day I looked around and I was MOM. I had to try to rediscover myself. Who I was and how do I get my FABULOUS back. Erika surprised me by telling me she felt much the same way and that my confession actually made her feel like she wasn't so alone. I told her that that is what the ARMY of MOMS is all about. You are not alone. There is an army of us out there. We can build each other up. I invited both ladies to JOIN THE ARMY.

I cannot wait to get to know these ladies better this season. Don't forget to watch TNT tonight February 24th at 10 pm.

Comments