The Room Mate


 I sometimes wonder where I went wrong with my kids. The other morning Airborne woke up with a bad case of allergies. Coughing , sore throat, runny nose, the works. So I started the hot water for his Cream of Wheat. I got out the Delsym, for his cough. I got out cough drops for his sore throat. I got out one of those little packets of tissues for his runny nose. Then I stepped back and said " WOW, I really take good care of you don't I?"

Airborne replied "Yes mommy you are an awesome mom." This kid could charm birds out of the trees.

"What are you going to do when you grow up and move away. Who will take care of you then?" Silly me I was hoping that he would say something like "I will know how to take good care of myself because you taught me so well mommy." But no. That was not his answer.

Airborne answered "I will get a Room Mate."

I looked at him and replied "Sweetie Room Mates do not take care of you when you are sick and stuff they just share the apartment with you."

" Oh," He says..." Well I still want a Room Mate."


If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

Comments