Laughter Tears and Braids- Book Review

 Just a word of warning this book will make you really take stock of your life. As you know I am an avid reader. I said yes to this book without knowing that it would be a tear jerker. Okay, I know it has tears in the title, but really I bawled all the way through the book  Sometimes laughing through my tears.

Bruce Ham invites us into his most sacred journey. The journey of his life with his wife and then...with our her. Mr Ham opens the book by telling the reader
that he wanted his daughters to know their mom. All the good, the bad and the human. What he ends up doing, at least for me, is making the reader so gratful for their live that they will go hug their 14 year old son for no reason.

Mr Ham takes us thought the falling in love, marrying and raising of kids that the and his wife share "before". We fall in love with his wife a little too. We laugh at their funny stories and then we feel our stomachs drop as we learn with him that she has cancer. We go through the treatments and the doctors and the little moments of hope and sunshine in between.

This is a beautifully written story of a family. I would definitely recommend this book...assuming you have plenty of hankies on hand.


If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

Comments