Mandaly Beach Resort by Embassy Suites

 Are you wondering where you can go to just escape it all? Want to be on the beach but not break the bank? Looking to have a family reunion or just get away with the kids for a few days this summer? then I have the place for you.

Mandalay Beach Resort in Oxnard CA. I know when you think Beach you don't first think of Oxnard. Manadalay Beach Resort will change your mind. Set across the ocean from the Channel Islands, this resort has everything you need to have a great time with the family or as a romantic getaway for just you and your significant other.

Agent Daddy, Tech Monkey, Airborne and I hopped in the car a few days ago and headed up to Oxnard to getaway a little before Summer School started. I wanted to be able to walk on the beach and sit by the pool. My two favorite vacation activities. I also wanted to stay in a room
where we were not all on top of each other. The boys are not quite old enough for their own room and having them sleep in our room kind of cramps agent Daddy and my style if you know what I mean. And
this is why I LOVE Embassy Suites.  There is always a sitting Room with room for all of us, including a pull out bed, plus a bedroom. Here you also get the balcony on the upper floors or the little walk out to the beach or pool on the bottom floors. We had a balcony and the view of the ocean and the pool.

Lets talk about the pool. I love that they had a shady area near the pool for me to curl up with my book and read while the kids swam. Umbrellas are nice and they had those too but I am a fair skinned girl and I need that shade to be full coverage or I burn. There was a lovely stand of trees near the pool with lounges and towels all waiting for me to get comfy and open my kindle. After reading for a bit the boys coaxed me into the pool,which was heated perfectly and made me wish I had skipped the book and gone straight in. There were lots of families and kids playing in the pool and having a generally good time.

A little later we moved on to the jacuzzi. Water was a perfect 105 and the families in there were all friendly
and the kids had new friend in no time. One thing about the resort that struck me was the sound of water was everywhere. Ocean waves on the beach side of the resort and waterfalls everywhere else. It made your whole body relax despite itself.  There were several little touches that I noticed and appreciated at the resort. There was a mini fridge and micro wave in the room but covered behind cabinet doors so it didn't diminish the feel of the room. Of course the coffee maker in the room so we could have a cup before going down to breakfast, a gym with the latest elliptical and treadmills, free weights and a yoga area, and best of all an onsite spa.

We were in vacation mode from word one at this location. Everything is designed and cultivated to make you relax. The door and to the desk clerk all great you warmly. the lady at the desk told us about the basketballs and tennis gear all available to guest free of charge. For a small fee of $35 an hour you can rent a surrey or for a lesser fee a bike. then you can ride around on a paved path the goes along the beach.

In the evening there is a reception with complimentary Beer and wine as well as snacks. The night we were
there it was chips and salsa and veggies with dip and gold fish. perfect appetizer. We had eaten lunch at the hotel earlier so after the reception we headed over to a local pizza joint that had been recommended by the lady who checked us in. It was clearly a locals kind of place and the food was awesome. Even my picky eater was impressed.

After dinner we came back and Airborne and Tech Monkey went to the game room by the pool many kids and families were hanging out playing ping pong and Foosball. There were several large screen TV's with cartoons playing and a general atmosphere of fun. Once the evening winded down we tucked ourselves in to the wonderfully comfortable beds. There were good soft linens, plenty of pillows, and a fluffy comforter. It doesn't matter how good of a resort you have if in the end you can't get a good nights sleep. But sleep we did. All of us. Like babies.

In the morning we went down to the complimentary made to order breakfast. I have stayed in over 100 hotels in my time and lots of hotels offer breakfast. Most of the breakfasts are disappointing. this was not. Agent Daddy had an amazing made to order omelet, Airborne ( my picky eater) found plenty that he like to eat, Tech Monkey who now eats for two (teenage boys and all) was full when we left the table, and I happily found all the fruit and muffins and things I like to eat as well. I had four happy campers leaving the table that morning which makes my life so much better. Vacationing only works if mommy gets a vacation too.

From the moment we left I began planning our next getaway to this gem of a resort. What makes this one so special? The weather? The beach? the ammenities? Well I would say the people make this place special. its as if they know you had a hard week or whatever and they are here to make sure you relax and have a break. If you live in the Southern California area you can be here in no time. Don't waste your time drving somewhere far. This is the gem you have been looking for.

-Michelle de Guzman


If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

Comments