ASUS MeMO Tablet- Review


 It is back to school time. I know it is crazy to be saying that in the middle of July but the truth is that Airborne and the Tech Monkey go back to school August 11th. So we are shopping and figuring out what everyone needs to go back to school. Unlike when I went to school this conversation involves what kind of tablet or laptop each kid needs.

Once that conversation starts I hear Agent daddy ask which forgotten piece of technology he will be inheriting next. The truth is there are many different kinds of tablets and laptops out there and each one has good and bad points. I will be talking today about the ASUS MeMO HD 7. I want to talk about this one because it has an incredible price point ($149 for 16 GB) and I think  the value is there.


If you use your table to check email, watch movies, check Facebook, play games and tweet this is the tablet for you. If you are looking for a table to give your preteen or your elementary student this is for you.
  
 It is intuitive and affordable. I had every member of the family play with this tablet for a couple of days each. Everyone loved it. Agent Daddy cried when I took it from him. I may have to get him one for his birthday. I like the 7" size. I don't now, and am not interested in starting to, carry an overnight bag for a purse.

 This fits in my handbag. I love that.It is thin and light weight ( check out the specs below).  Even though it is a Dual core, it loads quickly and watching videos and movies is easy and smooth. The sound is clear not tinny and it take a great picture. That probably has a bit to do with the HD.

 Now many schools have become enamored of the iPad mini for school. If your kids school requires a specific piece of technology then you are stuck. But if you are looking for something to use everywhere then this is great. If you want the ease of a tablet with the power and key board of a laptop I would suggest you look at the ASUS Transformer. Again a great price point and all the best of both a tablet and a laptop.

Here are the Specs for all you Tech Monkies out there:


ASUS MeMO Pad HD 7
·      7-inch HD tablet with a wide-view angle IPS display for stunning visuals
·      Rear 5MP and front 1.2MP*¹ dual cameras to capture the moments
·      Dual stereo speakers*² with Sonicmaster Technology for incredible sound effect.
·      Ultra light, weighs only 302g
·      Up to 10 hrs battery life to make it through your day
 
*1 Rear 5MP/front 1.2MP for 16G, Rear 2MP/front 0.3MP for 8G
*2 16G only


If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

Comments

  1. This looks like a nice little tablet. It's the perfect size for on the go use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't own a tablet, and I really wish I did. Thanks for the Post sure explains a lot of things for me. I'm also following all your social networks now and I have voted for you in both places (fence & top mommy). Thanks for sharing & great pics. Hope you stop by me too when you have a chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marie! Glad to have you in the ARMY! Prices are coming down. It wo't be long before you can get a good tablet for a reasonable price.

      Delete
  3. I have 3 tablets at home! :) You can say I love knowing about tablets in the market. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really a good alternative for think and heavy books.. I just hope that my daughter's school will consider having e-readers than carrying heavy bags...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is amazing. And there is so much free educational software and games out there.

      Delete
  5. I've been looking for something for the kiddos to play apps on. Will have to check into this for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is a great price point for that. And I have checked out games on it and they worked really well. Especially my Candy Crush. LOL

      Delete
  6. Not a bad price for a tablet. Sounds like it works really well too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice little feature-rich e-reader. Decently priced too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not a bad price. This might be one we consider for the kids to use for travel and what not.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking tablet. I like the size of it. Great for on the go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't have a tablet yet. The Asus Memo HD 7 sounds like one I will have to check out. It has the features I like and the price is great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a very good price. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy tablet, but I might consider the Asus next time I buy one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks like a great tablet to carry around and use to take notes. My husband has a tablet, but I just play on my iPod.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like an amazing tablet. I have my trusty iPad, have had it for two years and hoping it'll last at least two more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a good replacement for the iPad. Not nearly as pricey.

      Delete
  14. I'm in active lookout for a tablet as well and I'm thinking of upgrading my 8-year-old laptop. My boyfriend tells that ASUS is a really good brand, a well-trusted one. The memo hd 7 sounds like a good buy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like Asus myself. they have the transformer too. It is a laptop with a detachable screen that works as a tablet. Best of both worlds.

      Delete
  15. We are on our second tablet this looks like a really nice tablet and not all as pricey as the other 2 tablets I bought my 6 year old. I guess this will be my go to for tablet #3 which I really hope isn't soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had no idea that schools were requiring kids to have things such as tablets and smart technology. That stuns me actually. This seems like a good option for the budget conscious mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tablets are provided by the school. I am really liking that they have everything digital.

      Delete
  17. I like that this has ten hours of battery life. I could really use one of these that lasts all day, it seems that this is rare (especially for phones). My iPad tablet lasts a while but I do like what I am reading about this particular tablet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really impressed by what this tablet could do with such a great price point.

      Delete
  18. I may have to buy this tablet for some of my older relatives! It looks like a cool product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great way to "introduce" technology to your elders.

      Delete
  19. Our tablet is Coby and it's very study. This one looks sleek and useful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very Sleek. About half the thickness of my Kindle fire.

      Delete
  20. That's crazy to me, that kids use tablets for school!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I wonder if it allows you to connect with a projector system for presentations. I've always been sing my laptop, but it would be awesome to instead, use a tablet. It would make my things to carry to conferences a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not know if this one does but the Transformer has usb ports.

      Delete

Post a Comment