Foodie Friday- Boldo

 I am a lover of food as you all well know. I am also very interested in whole foods fresh from the farm to my table. I like to know where my food came from. It sounds kind of weird since most of us don't ask or know past buying it at your grocery store. Once you taste fresh farm to table you will understand the difference. And now Orange County has a brand new place to go and get fresh local farm to table food. Boldo.

Where might you ask is Boldo. Boldo is located at 305-105 E 4th Street in Santa Ana, CA. I was so shocked and pleased to see the re gentrifying of this area has extended
from the Art walk to new restaurants with a healthy food theme. Many of you may be aware of Playground 2 which is downtown but Boldo is a Bold new idea in fast food. Yep fresh food that is fast.   This food is so fresh that they list on the wall the local farms
and backyard they buy it from. they call it their Harvest partners. And because the menu is driven by what is in season and what the farms have the menu changes almost daily. Fresh food is all well and good you might be thinking but I want something that tastes good.

No Problem let me show you what the chef at Boldo put together for me.

First Course: Salad

Just picked lettuce/herb sald with red pepper, Daikon, yam, and pumpkin seeds. All topped with an orange juice vinaigrette
The bitterness of the herbs blened beautifully with the sweet yam and orange juice vinaigrette to make this salad a yummy stand alone. Flavor is king at Boldo and Chef/ Owner Paul Chamberlin never disappoints.

Second Course: Fish

Wild Caught Black Cod with Citrus, green onions and Garlic

This fish had been swimming that morning off Catalina island. It was not a melt in your mouth buttery soft joy to my mouth. I am not a huge fish eater, probably because I have never has such freash soft fish before. Fish like this I could eat every day.

Third Course:  Chicken

Locally raised Chicken Braised with Harissa and Black beens

The flavors of this dish were amazing. I frankly could have eant a whole bowl of just the black beans Harrisa and sauce. The chicken was a little disappointing after the amazing fish. But it was better than most restaurants I have eaten in. I can't even describe how high the bar was set after the fish.

Fourth Course: Dessert

Fresh Cut Stone Fruit with Goat Yogurt and Local Raw Honey

I must apologize here because the dessert was so good I didn't even stop to take a photograph. You will just have to head over to Boldo try it for yourself.

Boldo is open M-F 11am-8pm and Sat/Sun 12pm-8pm.

Let Chef Paul share some love and veggies with you. You will not be disappointed.



If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

Comments