I Can See Clearly Now

 I will never forget the day Agent Daddy came home from Target with the Tech Monkey and said, "Honey, I think Techie needs glasses." I was shocked. I had been taking him every year for eye exams and he had been fine. Six months later Agent daddy is telling me our son can't see the Target sign.

I did not know if the exams he had previously had were bad or his vision failed quickly. I do know that since then I have been religious about taking both boys in to get their eyes checked every December. This last December we got Tech Monkey new glasses after his exam and I thought we were good until next year. But a few weeks ago Tech Monkey told me his glasses were not working as well as they had
been. I do not know if there was an error on the part of the examiner or if his eyes again just failed quickly. I do know that this time I am going to LensCrafters to get the AccuExam. I asked Dr. Jacquot of LensCrafters about this rapid change and he told me that is not unusual in growing kids.

AccuExam uses State of the Art digital technology that you don't find just anywhere. AccuExam has
Digital scan of Tech Monkies eye. No more dilation drops.

the potential to reduce the number of prescription comparisons for most patients, reducing the amount of guess work often required of patients during an eye exam. AccuExam gives you a more accurate idea of what is needed because the measurements are done in different lighting  and they take more measurements resulting in more accurate prescriptions. And they are able to map the cornea which allows them to see information they would not have otherwise. So this is faster and more accurate. WIN WIN!



Even better than that, they can show me what the eye sees when it is not corrected. The Picture of on the left depicts the digital map of his eye and a picture of what he see with and without corrective
lenses based on that digital map. This blew my mind. I really think it makes me more understanding of my child's needs if I can really see what he sees without his glasses.

Extended Purchase Plan allows you to comeback anytime during the year to get your glasses redone if your vision changes with in that year at no cost to you. I do not know about you but with growing kids that is a warranty that makes me happy.

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

Comments

  1. we are a family of glasses.. we know this all too well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really important to take the time to get checked.

      Delete
  2. We all wear glasses in our house. Well, everyone but my 7 year old. I am sure he will have his day, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive never had to wear glasses but I saw my best friend get Lasik done once! EEK!

    xoxo
    Candace
    www.FromCtoC.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a friend who got Lasik, so I looked it up online. Yeesh. I think I'd rather have glasses. You're AWAKE for that. O_O

      Delete
    2. I have never needed glasses full time. so it was really neat to see what my son sees. As for Lasik. I would not want to be sober or awake for that.

      Delete
  4. Everyone in my family wears glasses except for the 2 year old. It's always wonderful to see more clearly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, we are a family of glasses. My eye exam is coming up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out the AccuExam. I assure you it is like nothing you have ever done before.

      Delete
  6. I take my kiddos to get their eye exams every year. One year they needed glasses the next year one didn't. Accuexam sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always important to get your eyes checked.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The technology in eye check ups has really leveled up. It's nice that they change eyewear if there is improvement within a year free.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our optometrists here still trusts the manual examination/checking of the eyes. We have our eyes checked once in a year. It's great taht AccuExam uses high technologies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My nephew has annual eye exams. He's nearsighted, and we really stay on top of it.

      Delete
    2. I really liked that I could see what my kid sees. There is no old fashioned way that could give me that. And the glasses were so much more precise.

      Delete
  10. It's important to get your eyes checked every year. My kids hate it specially when they do that "poof" thingy in their eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't need glasses but when I look through my wife's glasses I get a taste of what life is like for her. There's no reason that corrective surgery can't be as cheap as glasses are (and they're not!).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your eyes can change rapidly. I'm not surprised his vision changed so dramatically or so quickly. Most likely, the eye exams were fine. His eyes are just doing their thing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My husband has been wanting corrective surgery for a long time. His glasses are constantly getting broken, and his contacts dry out frequently though the day with his long hours of welding. It's amazing how the eyes change, my son wore glasses for 2 years and then he suddenly didn't need them anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine how different it would be for my boys to not have to wear glasses.

      Delete
  14. I so need glasses (I wear readers you get from CVS, etc) but keep putting it off and my eyes are getting worse and worse. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear cheaters every now and then too, but you need to get them checked and get some glasses girl! You only have one set of eyes.

      Delete
  15. Umm... still young for glasses... but it seems necessary for him.. i hope it's just correctional.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he has an astigmatism and is near sighted.

      Delete
  16. I love that with this technology you can see how your child is seeing things. It is great you can go back and get new glasses if your eyes change in a certain amount of time. Will help families save money for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes great program. Ans so neat to see what someone else sees.

      Delete
  17. My husband is an optometrist, so I've seen this technology before! It's SO interesting and helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you can go and have him check you when ever.

      Delete
  18. I've just noticed that my eye sight isn't as good as it was a few months ago. I'm thinking it's time for me to get my own eyes tested as well. Love the kids warranty.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for the reminder! I wear glasses that should have been updated over a year ago. With the technology today you think I would keep up with my something as important as my eyesight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lens Crafters will send you a reminder when your exam is due. Might be worth going there just for that.

      Delete
  20. My son and I have to get our exams in a few couple of days. I have to check to see when so thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just got reading glasses, good luck to him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Accuexam seems so amazing technology for a complete digital scan of the eye. I get dried eyes so often, hope to get digital scan soon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment