Let There Be COFFEE!

 Today is National Coffee Day. I thought I would give you all some ideas as to haw to get your coffee on in a spectacular, worth of a holiday kind of way.

Morning Coffee-

How about making a Copy Cat Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte. I mean it is all fan you should be fabulous in your torn tee shirt and messy hair. Right?
I "borrowed" this from  http://cincyshopper.com


INGREDIENTS
SYRUP
1 1/2 cup Water
1 1/2 cup Sugar
1/3 cup Pumpkin Puree
1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Cloves

1/2 tsp Ginger
LATTE
8 oz Milk
4 oz Strong Coffee or Espresso
2 tbsp Pumpkin Spice Syrup
Whipped Cream
Pumpkin Pie Spice


 DIRECTIONS
Simmer water and sugar in a pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves.
Add spices and the pumpkin and continue to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and strain through cheesecloth or strainer.
Allow the syrup to cool, then refrigerate in an air tight container.
Heat milk in microwave for 1 minute.
Froth with blender or whisk.
Put syrup in bottom of cup and top with coffee and frothed milk.
Top with whipped cream and a dusting of pumpkin pie spice.

 After The Carpool Pick Me Up

Oh don't try to tell me that you don't go get a cup of joe after driving carpool. You and I both know that surviving carpool deserves a treat. I "borrowed" this one from Raining Hot Coupons

Vanilla Iced Coffee


Ingredients:
  • 1 K-Cup or 1 Cup of Coffee
  • Ice Cubes
  • Milk or cream




Vanilla Simple Syrup (makes a large amount which can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks to use over and over again for more iced coffee drinks!):
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
Directions:
  1. Prepare the Vanilla simple syrup – Bring sugar and water to a boil stirring until sugar dissolves, add in vanilla and let cool. You can keep this in the fridge for about 2 weeks if covered and use it for your iced coffee drinks throughout the week.
  2. Prepare a glass of coffee (I like to use 1 K-Cup)
  3. Fill a mug with ice cubes (I love using mason jars!)
  4. Pour the hot coffee over the ice 
  5. Add milk or cream to taste 
  6. Add vanilla syrup to taste

Now that you are all hopped up on coffee you can go do some grocery shopping, laundry or house cleaning. No sense in putting a good caffeine buzz to waste.

Afternoon Carpool Pick Up- You have been working hard all morning it is time to go get the kids. ARG! Well make your self this little treat to take with you. will make the whole thing a little less painful. I "borrowed" this one from White on Rice Couple




Sea Salt Cream Iced Coffee


Yield: About 4 servings
Total Time: 15 minutes
There are a bunch of ways to get nice, cold coffee. There are an abundance of cold brew methods and devices out there now. Many of them will produce some of the tastiest cold coffee. However it will work just fine to save your leftover hot coffee and let it cool off completely before icing (otherwise you'll get watered down coffee). Of if you need a quick fix, make some hot coffee and punch it up with a few shots of espresso to compensate for the melting ice. We love to use simple syrup to sweeten our chilled drinks, and it is something easy to have on hand. Just heat and dissolve together an equal amount of sugar and water. Allow to cool and store in the fridge until ready to use. However with enough stirring (or if you add the sugar while the coffee is hot) you can always just use regular sugar for this recipe.

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup (240ml) whipping cream
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
  • 4 cups strong coffee cooled
  • 6-8 tablespoons (75-100g) sugar, or to taste
  • Or
  • 3/4-1 cup (180-20ml) simple syrup

Directions:

  1. Whip the cream until slightly thickened and no large bubbles remain in the cream (don't whip it all the way to the soft peak stage). Stir in the salt and set aside.
  2. Sweeten the cooled coffee to taste using either sugar or simple syrup. It should be just sweet enough to balance the saltiness of the cream.
  3. Pour the coffee into glasses over ice and spoon a couple large spoonfuls of the salted cream on top. Serve and stir.
AFTER Dinner Coffee...Cocktail.

You deserve a treat so head to Hard Rock Cafe for dinner or just get grandma to watch the kids so you and you main squeeze can enjoy the Salted Caramel Café—coffee that is ready to be your go-to drink during cocktail hour. Hard Rock Cafe has put a delicious spin on America’s drink with the introduction of the Salted Caramel Café. I don't have the reciepe for this one folks. But don't you think you deserve to go have a treat with the one you love?
If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

Comments

  1. That sounds soooo good. I usually go to Dunkin Donuts for my morning coffee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds very good!! I am just not a pumpkin fan, but my wife is..

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo yum!! I have to try the Sea Salt Caramel Iced Cofffee! Happy National Coffee Day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nummers!!! This sounds delicious! I'm definitely going to have to try it for us the next time my daughter comes in. She's a coffee nut like I am. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy moly! That's pure deliciousness in a mug. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome. Glad I could help you get your coffee on.

      Delete
  6. That's a lot of yummy coffee during the day. I love the after dinner cocktail style coffee mug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please treat yourself at Hard Rock. YOU so deserve it!

      Delete
  7. The after dinner coffee looks amazing. I think I might have to try this next month when my foot heals. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With all those recipes you can get someone to bring you so ingredients so you don't have to miss out.

      Delete
  8. It's great there's coffee day. I'm such a coffee person. This would be delicious variation of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't ever tasted the pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks. Is it a special recipe that I should tell the coffee server? At least here in the Philippines, it's not available on the regular menu.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could totally go for one right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are great recipes. I make my own coffee sometimes but I prefer to get it from Dunkin Donuts. It's my mommy time treat. lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't like coffee but they sure do look nice and festive. Will pass this on to my.coffee drinking friends

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd like to try out these recipes myself! They all look so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think everyday should be National Coffee Day!...and this is a great list of caffeine goodness! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love vanilla ice coffee. Your picture makes me want one right now!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh, I have got to make that Vanilla Iced coffee. Looks so delish!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I totally love that you figured out a copycat version. That looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this post for sure as much as I love coffee. The one recipe I will have to try first is the Sea Salt Cream Ice Coffee. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for all the great coffee recipes. It is my favorite part of the day when I get to have my first cup!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have seen so many good looking coffee posts it almost makes me want to take up coffee. This looks sooo GOOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love these! Will totally have to try and make them myself.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I want some coffee now! I'm a coffee addict!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but this sounds like a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks so much for the recipes! I tried a syrup or creamer last year that contained pumpkin puree and actually didn't like it. I'll try a recipe this year without the puree!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Any of the cold coffees sound perfect to me! as a matter of fact- Time to go get some! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love iced coffee best. THanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I don't personally drink coffee but the Hubs loves coffee. He'd love this!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sign me up for the late night cocktail...Yummmy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment