Best of 2014 Bathroom Edition

 Okay this all the stuff I am addicted to that I tried over the year. All of which now has a place in my bathroom.

Best of Hair Styling-

John Frieda Salon Shape Hot Air Brush- I was a little dubious about how well this would work.
I am a round brush and blow dryer girl and this seemed too easy. The round brush and blow dryer all in one? But WOW is works and is great for touching up after a long day and for styling everyday. I was already addicted to the Frizzease from John Frieda. Now I have two must haves from John Frieda. I have longish hair (past my shoulders) and this works great for all over curl and for height around my face.  This won't replace your hot rollers but it will make them less necessary for great curl all day long.


When getting ready in the morning these are the things I can't live without.

Best of Moisturizers-

Capri Clear Spray on Moisturizer- This is 100% fractionated coconut oil. I use this for all over body
moisture, makeup remover, and face deep moisture. I have also been known to spray a little on my hands and run them over my hair when I have been around dry air a lot. I love that it is all natural. Your skin recognizes it and it soaks in and leave you moisturized for hours. It is hypo allergenic has not preservatives, additives or dyes.



MD Complete Anti Aging Youthful Skin Sun Shield- This is a broad spectrum SPF 50 moisturizer.
I put this under my foundation but over my anti aging moisturizer. I would tell you what I am using right now but it really changes month to month. This however I am addicted to. I can get a sun burn waling to the car so SPF 50 is a must. This has my favorite two words ( Anti Aging) in it so I have been faithful to this for 6 months. that is forever in my world. It uses zinc oxide so you will look a little pale with just this on. But put it under your favorite foundation or use a bronzer and you will be fine and protected.


 Australian Jojoba oil- I put this in my hair, on my face at night, and especially on my hands and
nails. I just love the texture and smell of this stuff. Again it is 100% natural which makes me really happy. But it is amazing what a drop of oil can do for you cuticles and nails. If you have never tried a natural moisturizer this is the one to try for you nails and hands. One drop with do you for your both hands and all 10 nails. I swear.





Best New Nail Polish-

 Revlon Color Stay Gel Envy- This is basically a gel polish with out the UV lamp and the horror when you try to remove it. Last year I was addicted to gel manicures...until my real beautiful nails started to break and peel. Gel is really hard on your nails but wow if you have a function to go to it is the way to go. You just can't do it all the time. So in the in between times I use the gel envy. I discovered the it dries quickly. Stays put and if you just buy the Diamond top coat you can use it with virtually any polish. So you can keep your favorite color longer.




Medicine Cabinet

TriCalm- The literature says it is five times more effective than hydrocortisone 1% at reducing itch. I would say my experience with this product supports that. 


How does it work?

Your skin has two types of itch nerve receptors, A-Delta nerves that produce the sharp, pricking pain of a needle and type C nerves that cause itching, burning, stinging sensations and inflammation. Irritants such as chemicals, allergens or insect bites easily activate type C nerves.
When TriCalm is applied, the formulation penetrates the affected area and reduces the sensitivity of type C nerves, thus reducing the itching, burning and stinging sensations from causes like insect bites, poison ivy, oak or sumac, rashes from soaps, detergents, cosmetics and jewelry, and dry winter skin or other conditions where dry, itchy skin is a symptom. TriCalm does not numb the skin, and unlike steroids and topical antihistamines, TriCalm is safe to use as often as needed.


I have found that I am reaching for this more than any other anti itch product in my medicine cabinet because frankly it works. It works right away and doesn't leave a greasy residue.



ScarAway - I have multiple scars on my body. these are from everything from my appendectomy to my C-sections when my boys were born. I am always looking for ways to reduce the visibility of my scars. I have tried many products that I was disappointed with. But this really worked. Just a dab on the scar daily until the redness fades or the Keloid breaks down. No smell and not greasy residue to get on my clothes makes this a winner in my book.




If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

Comments